Looking for friends

Lana39

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi i'm pretty new to SL and i'm looking for friends as i haven't made many friends yet. It can get a bit boring sometimes when you have no one to do things with. I like music and exploring places and would like to find out what SL has to offer. I haven't written anything in my profile as i'm not sure what to write. If anyone is interested in being my friend feel free to send me an IM.

Welcome to Second Life, Lana!

Hippie Bowman has a Breakfast group. Every Sunday morning at 8SLT, people pop in for a little camaraderie, some music and a lot of virtual bacon. IM Hippie for a group invite.

As for your profile, I highly recommend filling it in. Empty profiles signal (to me and probably others) a lack of interest. Perv profiles and note what you find interesting and attractive. You'll develop a feel for what you want in yours. At a minimum, state a few interests. You're looking for friends, so make profile show that you're approachable. Many in SL are shy, and need a little help to break the ice. Your profile can do that.

Have fun, maybe I'll see you at breakfast soon!

Welcome to SL....

Maddy is right. The breakfast club on Sunday's are a great way to meet new people. A bunch of the residents who post regularly on the forum show up. And don't be shy...just jump right in.

Another way I've found to meet people is to use the search function in the viewer to find groups that you have an interest in. Do you like music? dancing? Go out and find groups that strike your fancy. When you're there, join them..most are free and you get 42 (I think) of them. Then, send out a group IM or send an IM to the moderator (if they're on). People are usually pretty friendly...worst that happens is that no one responds.

I do agree with Maddy as well (wow, twice in one post...what are the odds?) that you need to fill in your profile. Let people know what you're like. It'll help people know who you are and can hopefully help to start conversation.

Good luck....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.