Lost inventory 10,000+ items, ticket submitted, so what happens now?

ScarlettX Demonia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im a non- premium member that submitted a ticket on 14th feb after finding the night before that over 10,000 items had suddenly vanished after rebooting due to serious lag. I followed the procedures to try to get my inventory restored, but nothing. Put in a ticket but heard nothing since! ive started contacting some of the creators in the hopes they'll help me out, but as a photographer in sl my first folder (animations) was totally wiped out of 100's of poses from singles, couples, groups, weddings, plus the ones for my own personal use:), which is an awful lot to ask for. Thats without the clothes, hair, boots, and furnishings (non-copy items), that have now left my sl.  Will i ever get this inventory back, do i have to claim compensation seperately? any genuine help on this would be very much appreciated.

ScarlettX

5 answers to this question

This happened to me and I was going back and forth with support for a few days.  No matter what they had me try, my inventory would not load completely.  I was using Emerald viewer and was told to try the SL standard viewer.  My items still would not load completely.  A Linden confirmed that the items were indeed there...but not loading for me.  Days later I emptied my trash folder.  My inventory suddenly came back.  Now whenever I have this issue I empty my trash and viola...it loads.  I don't know if this is isolated to me, a particular  asset server or if it's grid wide.  But that's what works for me.  I hope it's helpful.

Have you tried this?

USING THE PREVIEW GRID TO RECOVER LOST INVENTORY

If you realize that you have missing inventory, you can try this tip.  Follow the steps below as soon as possible:

1. Login to the Preview Grid and find a quiet place where no one will annoy you while you are trying to solve a problem.
    Steps to login to the Preview Grid: 
    • Open Second Life client, but do not log in.
    • At the login window, press Control-Shift-G to bring up the "grid selector" box. Should show 'agni'.
    • Select "Aditi" from the drop-down box.
    • The menu-bar should turn Red, and the background image will change.
    DO NOT REZ ANYTHING WHILE ON THE PREVIEW GRID. GO INTO BUSY MODE IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT ACCEPT ITEMS, DO NOT DELETE ITEMS, DO NOT PASS OR RENAME ITEMS.
  2. Open your inventory, type in a search term and allow your inventory to populate.
  3. Got your goods back? Awesome! Quit the viewer, login to the Main Grid (change the grid name in the login window back to Agni) and do the same thing. Once you have retrieved your items on the Main Grid and your inventory has fully populated, logout and cache your inventory.
  4. Log back into the Main Grid, recheck inventory. You should find everything has returned to normal. Enjoy your Second Life!

This technique has been proven to work more than half the time so it may save your hide. Please bear in mind that you should only expect positive results if you attempt this workaround as soon as possible upon discovery of your missing items. This is NOT a guarantee that you will be able to recover your items but having at least a chance at doing so is much better than no chance at all. I hope this helps some of the Residents that fall victim to this issue.

• Like 1

Have you tried empty cache from outside SL by deleting the entire cache folder, then log into a sim you were not at before? Not TP after logging in, set a new location and then log in.

Clear the cache:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_do_I_clear_my_Second_Life_cache%3F

Login to a new place:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Changing_your_login_location

• Like 1

ScarlettX.Demonia wrote:

Omg, thankyouuuuu *hugs* followed what you said, emptied trashed and reloaded the original sl and voila i have inventory .

Many many thanks from a first time forum user to all who replied *hugs*

Oh wow! That's awesome, I'm glad I could help! I am also releived to see that it's not just isolated to me.

*Hugs*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.