Rolling Restart EARTHQUAKES!??!?!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LOL. I'm closer to the San Andreas than Linden Lab, and I kind of enjoyed it. I went through TWO of those tonight (plus I couldn't log in for about half an hour before that, AND my Internet connection failed while I was at the first place if went).

I think most people around here would be grateful if we could get advance warnings for earthquakes, and the 'Restart' warning does give you enough time to bail. You're right, though: it's quite earthquake-like.

LyneMarie Magic wrote:

I HATE THAT NEW THING!!! HOW DARE YOU SHAKE US UP BESIDES HAVE THE NOTICE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN...AND SL ORIGINATES FROM CALIFORNIA TOO!? SHEESH! You should have more sensativity!!   grumble ... groan... sigh....

A long LONG time user...

Lyne

I like them. So that cancels your vote out :)

I like it too; before I sometimes nearly missed restart notifications and kinda resented whatever little remaining time I had to react (or even prepare) to TP elsewhere... plus, sometimes I actually got caught, for not having noticed it at all. Not anymore.

I guess it's like the repeated warnings of about-to-expire rental time for parcel tennants; I used to consider them annoying, but still better than actually missing payment altogether and risk eviction.

They remind me of the stick-shaker system to warn pilots that the plane is about to stall. The stick itself shakes and they have to react quickly or the plane will stall. It's dramatic, and just what many of need, so that, providing we are looking at the viewer, we can't miss it.

Phil Deakins wrote:

LyneMarie Magic wrote:

I HATE THAT NEW THING!!! HOW DARE YOU SHAKE US UP BESIDES HAVE THE NOTICE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN...AND SL ORIGINATES FROM CALIFORNIA TOO!? SHEESH! You should have more sensativity!!   grumble ... groan... sigh....

A long LONG time user...

Lyne

I like them.

Firestorm makes this even better.

• One can use the earthquake effect

• One can use whatever sound effect for the region restart

- (I have set mine to a loud fog siren, so I can hear it even if I'm having a cup of coffee in the kitchen.) :smileysurprised: :smileyhappy:

• And then one can totally disable all region restart alerts

LyneMarie Magic wrote:

A long LONG time user...

Lyne

As someone who lives in Wiscosin, with the closest fault line (New Madrid) a day's drive away, I welcome the chance to experience an Earthquake without spilling my root-beer!

Perhaps they could just program a huge pic of a middle finger, accompanied by the text “YOU'RE OUTTA HERE, LOSER!!!” and, of course, the mandatory maniacal laugh...

... uh, no, that wouldn't be politically correct, either. Cripes :smileysad:

LyneMarie Magic wrote:

A long LONG time user...

Lyne

Um... Huh? o.O

Is there some screen shaking thing now for a system alert?

As for Earthquakes, we Californians have a more lax attitude on those than people not from here. After you've been through a few dozen, and only knew about half of them because they were mentioned on the news... they get 'old'...

Ha! I live 20 miles from the San Andreas fault and I love the screen shakeup. First warning scares me half to death, but then I stick around for 3 more before casually strolling to the next region.

I love LL's sense of humor.  :matte-motes-smitten:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Just get a friend who owns an Estate Region to do a restart for you.

You could even plan an Earthquake party!

Besides, I want to know if it makes everyone's boobs jiggle. 
;)

Now that would have been something... alas, no, it doesn't.  We just shake the camera...

Oz Linden wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Just get a friend who owns an Estate Region to do a restart for you.

You could even plan an Earthquake party!

Besides, I want to know if it makes everyone's boobs jiggle. 
;)

Now that would have been something... alas, no, it doesn't.  We just shake the camera...

That's good enough for me, Oz!

I can't wait to experience it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.