Sign in to follow this  
Rachael777

Saving a build

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. im a new land owner and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is such a thing that can be bought in the marketplace and the name of it, that will allow me to save the position of everything on my sim including the furniture, the trees etc for when I want to change to another theme or something. it would be nice to have the ability to switch back and forth easilly without spending several hours re-positioning everything.   Thanks so much for your help

~Rachael~

There are numerous object and build rezzers available inworld and on Marketplace.  I suppose the most popular of them is Rez-Faux.  I've seen some advertized that claim the ability to do an entire sim but I question how practical that really is.   The ones I've tried over the years all work about the same.   You link as many object prims together as possible, place the build rezzer in world and then drop a script into your linked object(s).  That then records the location of all prims linked as referenced to the build rezzer.  Then you take the object(s) into inventory and then put them into the build rezzer.  From there you can  rezz or de-rezz the object.  This is how almost all of the buildings are packed and then sold in SL.

There are challenges to this.  First if you cannot modify the object, you can't add the positioning script so that particular object cannot be part of your rezzer package.  Second, if the object is No Copy you are very likely to loose it when trying to manipulate it into a rezzing box.  Finally, not all prims can be linked into an object.  For example, linking a phantom part will make the entire object phantom.

--Cinn

Looks like the only ones that I am able to find out there only work on copy/modify/transfer objects. it would sure be nice if they had one that worked on houses/furniture etc. that you buy in the marketplace. I will have to continue to look around. someone has to have created something that will work

- all objects need to be MOD - you need to drop a script into each one

- all objects need to be COPY - a rezzer rezzes a scene and deletes it to clear the space - thats pointless for no copy objects

- TRANSFER is not needed

Another option would be to save the objects as a group. By that, I mean hold down the shift key and click on each object you want to save then take a copy into your inventory. This will eliminate the need for mod permissions and will save it as whatever the last item you click on is called (it'll show in your inventory as a "broken" object box, for want of a better term).  When you rerez it from your inventory, all the items will be in the same position, but if you clcik on anything else before you have them where you want them, they'll no longer move as a group. Not ideal, but it's sort of a workaround for no mod items. Using Rez-Faux or another large item packaging system would be a better way to go but this will work in a pinch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.