Sign in to follow this  
Brendan Creeley

'Adult' option not available in search

Question

Hello, I cannot click the 'adult' option in search. I have the adult option set in preferences, I can search for adult in marketplace and I can visit adult sims. I just cannot access adult in the search! This is frustrating, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

1 answer to this question

You may be doing nothing wrong, but your viewer may be borked.  It seems silly to reinstall for something small like this, but that may be what it takes.  It's not really much work.  Be sure that you do a CLEAN reinstall, though, soi that you don't inherit any borked files from the current installation.  Here's how >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Incidentally, a lot of people resist reinstalling a viewer because they'll lose all their preference settings and have to do them all over again.  If you happen to be using the Firestorm viewer, though, remember that it has a Backup option (in Preferences >>> Backup) for saving those settings. It takes care of that small headache nicely.