Hi! I'm Peaches Paquot and I'm a whiny jerk. Be my friend?

Peaches Paquot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DO YOU:

• Enjoy sitting on things with fabulous people and taking mediocre snapshots?
  • Roam artsy, beautiful sims or haunted houses in your spare time?
  • Need a dancing partner to make everyone else at the club wish they were having as much fun as you appear to be?
  • Have no interest whatsoever in getting into my pixel panties?

If you said YES to any of these and haven't run away screaming just yet, try being my friend! This comes with such perks as:

• Summer fun!
  • Intersectional feminism!
  • Sleep-deprived ramblings about Downton Abbey and my intense dislike for Steven Moffat!
  • Crying about unemployment!  Haha what I'm not crying. I've just been cutting onions, I'm making a lasagna for one.
  • Maybe pictures of my dog! Or my boyfriend's rat! (Whichever you prefer.)

Well, folks, I could list the myriad pros and cons of being my friend for days. Why, I could do that until I started sobbing uncontrollably but HEY!!!!!!!!!! The best way to know for sure whether I'm the gal for you is to see for yourself!

Message me in-world (Peaches Paquot) or reply to this thread!

I'm actually way more approachable than I've made myself out to be i think maybe!

Okay Peaches,

some thoughts: quit playing sad, straighten up and move on from whateven you seem ypou have to move on.

Secondly, and this I know first hand, being yourself and shining it out "automates" the friend-making process in that friends are inevitable.

Quit whining...

Mell

Nancy Toocool wrote:

Oh wow. Some people can't understand humour/sarcasm...

Stares at SweetLadyMell with an expressionless face.
Smiles at SweetLadyMell and congrstulates her for such an insightful post.

I agree with you, Nancy.  I thought Peaches' post was pretty funny.. I appreciated her humour with a generous splash of sarcasm. Not everyone who posts silly nutty stuff is a whiner who needs to get over some cruel second life misfortune.. :matte-motes-shocked:

Nimue Mistwalker wrote:

Nancy Toocool wrote:

I agree with you, Nancy.  I thought Peaches' post was pretty funny.. I appreciated her humour with a generous splash of sarcasm. Not everyone who posts silly nutty stuff is a whiner who needs to get over some cruel second life misfortune.. :matte-motes-shocked:

I'd like to draw a distinction here. Peaches employed satire, Nancy employed sarcasm. There's a difference!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Nimue Mistwalker wrote:

Nancy Toocool wrote:

I'd like to draw a distinction here. Peaches employed satire, Nancy employed sarcasm. There's a
!

Jeeezzzzz.. what a know it all! Thank you, Maddy, for that astute observation! :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Nimue Mistwalker wrote:

Nimue Mistwalker wrote:

Nancy Toocool wrote:

I'd like to draw a distinction here. Peaches employed satire, Nancy employed sarcasm. There's a
!

Jeeezzzzz.. what a know it all!
Thank you, Maddy, for that astute observation! :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I've come across dozens of profiles in which people say they love sarcasm. I think they mean they love satire. I love satire too. It's fun to lampoon a stupid idea, and there are so many of them, including mine.

But I work to control my use of sarcasm. Though I'm sorely tempted at times, there's really nothing to be gained by insulting people. If they've made a mistake, point it out gracefully. If they're hurling insults, reply with civility.

But there is also mock-sarcasm, which is probably my favorite of all. I get the pleasure of wrapping my affection in a blanket of hyperbolic and hurling it hyperbolically at a friend. When I'm feeling mock-sarcasm deprived, I can usually depend on Snugs to satisfy my appetite.

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Words I never thought I'd see written in the SL Forum: "Intersectional feminism."

This woman is my kind of scum: fearless and inventive.

:-)

The Third Wave has arrived in SL.

Ohhh pffft. Just arrived?

What am I, chopped liver? ;-)

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Words I never thought I'd see written in the SL Forum: "Intersectional feminism."

Now you are sounding like my Mother.   ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Now you are sounding like my Mother.  
;)

Now you're asking for a whuppin'

Good thing for you I am strictly non-violent and anti-capital punishment!

LaskyaClaren wrote:

I practised intersectional feminism by volunteering to hold a "Car Wash ->" banner for the Booster Club while wearing a bikini top and short-shorts.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

I practised intersectional feminism by volunteering to hold a "Car Wash ->" banner for the Booster Club while wearing a bikini top and short-shorts.

Depending on the bikini top and shorts, that may actually be a case of intersexional feminism.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Depending on the bikini top and shorts, that may actually be a case of intersexional feminism.

Yep. As an engineer, I'm all about doing what works.

ETA: These days, that means wearing jeans, a painted up sweatshirt, and headphones to block out the sounds of my boarder and my mom while I balance atop a ladder with a paintbrush, savoring my alone time.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Yep. As an engineer, I'm all about doing what works.

ETA: These days, that means wearing jeans, a painted up sweatshirt, and headphones to block out the sounds of my boarder and my mom while I balance atop a ladder with a paintbrush, savoring my alone time.

And that's cool. Because Intersectional Feminists are bikini-and-short-shorts-positive.

(Although, on the whole, we're not entirely sure how we feel about engineers. But for you, we'll make an exception.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.