Can I downsize a super-sized structure?

Sugar Crazyboi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Shopping around for a place to live, maybe to set up a gallery, I notice that things are really big.  In my RL home, the 8 ft ceilings feel close, cozy, comfortable. But in SL counterparts, some ceilings seem 30 ft high. For me, a big turnoff.

But when a skybox or home is OK for modify, can I downsize it to human dimensions? Hmm? Can I? Pretty please??

5 answers to this question

Oh, a quick note.  One reason that the ceilings are higher than normal is that the normal avatar camera view is behind and above your avatar.  As you lower the ceiling, what you will discover is that you reach a certain point that when you zoom out to look at a room, your camera goes behind the ceiling and you can't see the whole room anymore.

So experiment.  I agree that most ceilings are too high. People like to go the max 10m quite often.  Some build at 8m.  Going down to 5-6m is closer to normal but you will start seeing that camera zoom problem at that height.

--Cinn

If, as you stated, the home or skybox is modify....then check to see if any megaprims were used.   Those cannot be resized without them shrinking to a standard size.  If megaprims were used..and a resize attempted...then the whole build may end up out of whack. 

So, just check to make sure that any prims you want to scaledown...are regular prims.   Or if megaprims were used...you could remove them and replace them with regular prims.

Otherwise..yes.  Resize it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.