Resolved:Seriously need help, viewer being nuts, cant find help anywhere

Giddeon Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My viewer keeps teeling me it cant resolve the DNS to log in. I tried flushing my DNS cache, three times, I tried restting the system and the network.. nothing works, but I did notice a red banner across the top of my viewer now, with 'File Edit Help'..   I am almost certain it want red before...  anyone have any idea whats happening? Anyone have this problem? I am pretty buggered as to what to do, visted live chat, spoke to a Microsoft chat group, visted about 20 different forums from a google search result.. and basically have no idea what to do

*This is a repost of this because the first time around I didnt mark it as a question.

and yeah, flushed my dns, turned off firewall, reset network adapters, shut down the entire system, searched the web, spoke to MS and LL, still no love. Lost as to what to do

6 answers to this question

"whta does it matter to you guys anyway."

It archives the post and others having the same issue can use the archives should they have the same issue; in addition it gets it out of the 'possibly answered' column - it being there is pointless is it has been resolved.  The same 'what does it matter to you guys' could have applied to you problem with the viewer but it didn't so if at all possible, humour us.

"whta does it matter to you guys anyway"

Well one thing that matters to me is I would like to know how it was resolved.  I offered a suggestion that helped me once when I had a similar issue but you said it did not work.  It would be nice to know exactly what did work.  I believe this help forum is about just that.........someone having a problem or question and getting help with the answer.  Plus other people next week, month, year or 10 years from now with the same issue would have an answer to fall back on.

That's why it matters to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.