Sign in to follow this  
Naerose Eiren

Rezzed a folder - contents gone

Question

Maybe you should submit a ticket if it's happened before. SL definately eats things at it's own leisure, although things do sometimes get returned when LL do maintenance and housework.

I have lost one quite nice shoe, I keep the remaining one in the hope it will be reunited with it's lost twin!

5 answers to this question

Maybe you should submit a ticket if it's happened before. SL definately eats things at it's own leisure, although things do sometimes get returned when LL do maintenance and housework.

I have lost one quite nice shoe, I keep the remaining one in the hope it will be reunited with it's lost twin!

Hello Naerose,

this happened to me a while ago aswell.

I found everything when I checked closer. I noticed it was not land I dragged it onto but a piece of the floor.. All things from the folder were in the object contents I dragged the folder onto.

Cobra

Agree with BlckCobra.  Good chance that the contents of your folder got "consumed" by one of your other rezzed objects like the floor and can be found in the contents tab of the object.  This would be particularly true if the original contents were nocopy items.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Thanks for the hints.  So, there's a good chance I've put it in my house somewhere, literally in a piece of my house.  Next question is this:  if my house is full of linked prims and scripts that only work when the prims are linked, is there an easy way to check each prim without unlinking them?  I did that once when I accidentally took half of it back into inventory after linking it to a snowman I made (don't ask) and then when i re-rezzed it, none of the door scripts would work (horrible - couldn't get into my own house) and I ended up scrapping the house and having to use the auto-rezzer to start again.  Hmm ... having written that, I guess the easy answer is to unlink the house prims, check each one for the bits I'm missing out of inventory, then get the autorezzer out and start again with the house - it's not that hard to do - just lining it up with all the furniture is a pain in the neck.  Hmm ... or I can just buy the damn Valentine's Day present for myself and not say a word to the gifter. 5 mins and x dollars of lindens vs 60 mins of time.  *sigh*