Rezzed a folder - contents gone

Naerose Eiren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, this is the 2nd time I've done this - accidentally tried to drag n drop a folder onto my land instead of the object inside it for unpacking.  Last time, I couldn't find anything that used to be in the folder - the folder's still in inventory, just empty.  This time, surprise, surprise, same thing.  Grrr ... this one was a gift though and I'm annoyed.  Is there any way to the object back that was inside the folder?  I can't do lost n found because it's my land so it won't auto-return.  Any thoughts, or should I just go and quietly buy a replacement while the gift giver isn't looking?

5 answers to this question

Maybe you should submit a ticket if it's happened before. SL definately eats things at it's own leisure, although things do sometimes get returned when LL do maintenance and housework.

I have lost one quite nice shoe, I keep the remaining one in the hope it will be reunited with it's lost twin!

Thanks for the hints.  So, there's a good chance I've put it in my house somewhere, literally in a piece of my house.  Next question is this:  if my house is full of linked prims and scripts that only work when the prims are linked, is there an easy way to check each prim without unlinking them?  I did that once when I accidentally took half of it back into inventory after linking it to a snowman I made (don't ask) and then when i re-rezzed it, none of the door scripts would work (horrible - couldn't get into my own house) and I ended up scrapping the house and having to use the auto-rezzer to start again.  Hmm ... having written that, I guess the easy answer is to unlink the house prims, check each one for the bits I'm missing out of inventory, then get the autorezzer out and start again with the house - it's not that hard to do - just lining it up with all the furniture is a pain in the neck.  Hmm ... or I can just buy the damn Valentine's Day present for myself and not say a word to the gifter. 5 mins and x dollars of lindens vs 60 mins of time.  *sigh*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.