age play and ban

Kaeliany

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been reporting over 15 times of age play with toddlers on a adult sim with adult avatars having sex with child avatars. I have told the owner that that put the people in there she does nothing. I then reported it to the owner of the sim. She don't care. She won't even come look. She said I am now banned from all her 1400 sims due to my reports that I reported of age play. Mind you I have the pictures as well and showed it all. Why hasn't LL done anything yet when many people are reporting? and can a 1400 sim owner do that to a person? she owns second life estates Just beware if you report anything on her sim she will ban you from all 1400 sims and tell you it was cause she don't like your eye color. 
take a peek yourself
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Erotic%20Dreams/17/196/3007

6 answers to this question

I wonder why you feel driven to be so concerned what two adults are doing online. You do realize that those toddler avatars are NOT real children, right? I think pedophilia is as sick as the next person but I only concern with abuse and things that happen in real life. You've done your reporting and for right or wrong you are no longer allowed back on this persons land. Sounds like your problem is solved to me. If you can't go there, then you can't be forced to see anything that you don't like.

• Like 4

Keep on filing your Abuse Reports.  Linden Lab does investigate them, but it is very hard for them to do anything without good, verifiable evidence.  Hearsay and eyewitness reports are usually not enough, because they amount to he said/she said arguments.  Reports with photos, like yours, are much more effective but even there I imagine it can be hard to demonstrate an unambiguous, ongoing pattern of abuse. It can be frustrating to see that your reports are making only slow progress, but that's no reason to stop.  That's the challenge that faces social activists in RL too.

Meanwhile, a sim owner can ban anyone she likes, for any reason at all -- even your eye color.  That's the prerogative of any landowner in SL, so don't be too surprised when it happens. 

You should also

1) Disregard her claim of owning 1400 sims.  I think only Anshe Chung has anything like that many.  Lots of people try to inflate their importance with false claims.  Even if she does own a lot of land, what of it?  There are over 20,000 regions in SL.

2) Remove her name from your post by using the Options/Edit button at the upper right.  Naming names is a violation of the forum rules and can get you in trouble.

Thanks I didn't know about that so I did edit it. I just find it odd that she has now banned me when I tried to help her and tell her of the doings. I can care less how many sims she owns. It just tells she is ok with age play on the sims she owns. Reports have been being done for months. It's just getting worse. And nothing has been done by LL or the owners

A region owner can ban you from their regions.  LL wont interfere in land disputes between a region owner and another resident unless it calls for a need.

I also do not think it is possible for 1 avatar to actually own 1400 regions.  This is why many of the big estates usually have more then one region owner. i.e. the reference to Ansche Chung.

With regards to abuse reports regarding ageplay LL usually does not tell you the outcome of an abuse report except to clarify policy or update policy in the TOS or related policies.  When it comes to child avatars in an adult rated sim it is usually better to play it safe but in most cases it is an adult playing the child avatar.  However LL probably should clarify its policy relating to child avatars in adult rated sims to help residents avoid confusion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.