changing email address

3Ring Binder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Hmm I thought you only have the option to show or not show your email addy you have registered with LL.  Weird it still shows your old email address.  Did you receive a confirmation email from LL?  I did it recently it goes something like this:

Second Life Email Changed

cleardot.gifReply
cleardot.gif|
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gifcleardot.gif

no-reply@secondlife.com

to me
show details Jan 9
cleardot.gif from cleardot.gifno-reply@secondlife.com

SL Name: Joshooah Lovenkraft

This email acknowledges that your email address  blahblah@gmail.com has
been changed to newblahblah@gmail.com

Maybe log in and out of the this blog page for it to show up?

yes, i am receiving email at two addresses.  anything inworld/grid related goes to my new addy.  anything from this blog thingy goes to my old one.

whoever can give me the info needed to change my email addy in this blog thingy place will get some points.      but i do want you to have a new toaster.... hmmmm... i'm so torn

3Ring

I'm not sure if the points thing works in General Discussions but I think in SL Answers, as the OP you can assign points to a person's response and the responder gets 2 points for the response "being helpful" or 4 points if it answered your question.  And just to be clear I was just joshin' about redeeming them at Wal-Mart ^^

• Like 1

I have one last idea 3 .. it's a total stab in the dark though.  I was reading how some people turned off email notifications yet they were still getting them.  They had to go to their subscribed threads and actually unsubscribed to them for it to stick.  Perhaps it's somewhat related to your problem? Maybe try unsubscribing to all your threads, logging out and relog again in the dashboard and then you can click get email notifications for the ones you are still interested in, on the left hand column of the thread and see if the new email addy sticks.  You can get to all your subscribed threads here:

https://blogs.secondlife.com/people/3Ring.Binder?view=watches

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.