What do you do to keep your PC running great?

Faubio Alter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Myself, I do temporary file folder (junk files) cleaning daily and do daily defragmentations. Every three days or so I clean out the browser. Weekly I do a check disk, disk check of my hard drive  Daily I do a quick scan for viruses and weekly a full scan for viruses and malware. I use McAfee site advisor to keep malware off my PC.  I am a heavy user (10+ hours per day) of the Net and SL.

This link is helpful for Windows OSs:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/optimize.aspx#1

Faubio.Alter wrote:

I nearly forgot this.. I run a second Hard drive just for the SL cashe. This has speeded up loading SIMs when I travel, less rez time.

Do you really see a performance boost?  My case limits me to my one HD but I do have it partitioned so I can save my disk images.

Yes but I had the Drive. I also drag and drop files to the second drive as a back up drive but it is not a software mirrored or raid  system. Problem is SL only allows 1 GB of cache space. I have a 320 GB drive. I wish it were unlimited GBs then I could save many more. The cache appears to work like a browser cookies file storing textures on the client side for your next visit to a SIM. I travel a lot so this configuration comes in handy. Is it worth $50.00-$100.00 US for a Drive, well that would be your decision.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.