Sign in to follow this  
Daria Afterthought

Backwards logic, ARs, and you!

Question

someone that gets butthurt on the flogs, and usually tho not always is on the losing end of a battle of wits here, can go in-world and get "the last word" by rattling off whatever they think of as so cool or whatever, mixing in a little harassment and a little of something they think sounds intimidating, then slamming the mute button.  some might be trying to actually provoke an AR-able response but i don't have to have ESP to have a fairly good guess in this case and i don't credit enough deviousness for that.

Fail Eli, the pms were stupid. I have the entire undoctored thing on notecard and if Roxy really aspired to see them, I would send them to her. (him?)

Silly Eli, you are a fail. You cannot be witty. You tend to fail. Besides, you don't even post.

you still have a wonderful personality.  usually.  mostly.  depending on who you talk to.

age is just a number; til you're number's up anyway.

look at me, i'm old, and i'm fine.   

so... no worries.

Eli.Schlegal wrote:

Well that's probably because you didn't see the PMs. She was all kinds of butt hurt and she didn't get the last word either.

Well, she's not the one following -you- to other threads to prove how much more superior than you she is, now is she?

Its the bacon isnt it?

There's a logic in that... if something happens on the forum someone wants to address, what better place to address it than on the forum - PM'ing just a way not to bring dirty laundry or what is an issue just between two people into the public spotlight.  If something didn't happen inworld, why bring it inworld.

I agree about not bringing things from the forum in-world. As far as the PMs go... if people are afraid to say something to me in public then i would prefer they just kept it to themselves.

Unklebob.Hotaling wrote:

There's a logic in that... if something happens on the forum someone wants to address, what better place to address it than on the forum - PM'ing just a way not to bring dirty laundry or what is an issue just between two people into the public spotlight.  If something didn't happen inworld, why bring it inworld.

Absolutely, why just the other day I told Bob he was old and smelled of crabapples. As it would be inappropriate on the flogs I PM'd it. Sending it inworld would be rude and stalker-like.

(okay. untrue... but we have spoken in PM when carrying on a tangent convo isnt necessary to do in public.)

Daria, I don't need a NC. I'm capable of sussing out fact from fiction.

And bacon is strong enough to survive.

"Absolutely, why just the other day I told Bob he was old and smelled of crabapples"

HAHAHA.   Thats gonna be a smile on my face for the next hour that nobody around me is gonna understand.

/me pictures himself in his truck with a road full of oh so serious looking driivers meanwhile he's just a laughin his ass off smiling away.. and smelling like crabapples.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/Krunchmastaflex1/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

just for reference, this is precisely where the conversation degraded into petty name calling and slander.

in case anyone missed it

Message was edited by: Cheetah Hammerer(apparently the quote button does nothing currently.... at least for me...)

Oh, it was noticed, but intervention wasnt needed. Some trolls you squash like bugs, some you let run through the gauntlet because its fun to watch. Sort of like Wile E Coyote jumping up and down on a trap that's failed to go off. You know whats going to happen, but its so damn fun to watch.

Jumping the Shark...ok   this is a reference to an american TV show called "Happy Days"  Happy Days was about life in the 60's with a wholesome family called  the Cunninghams...starring Ron Howard and Henry Winkler as a sort of rebellious guy who rode a motorcycle...most likely a Harley Davidson...ther show enjoyed good ratings and was popular....ok.....so at the heighth of its popularity they ran an epsodes where Henry's character Arthur (Th e Fonz) fonzarelli jumped over a shark...whether on his bike or skis I don't recall...it was this episode...which was viewed as over the top ( or going too far in credulity)  and from then on   ..the show declined in popularity....hence.  "jumping the shark" refers to hitting the top of ones popularity and things going downhill from there after  (as best as I recall the reference)   )   sincerely Miss Moxie...the bacon loving agitater    thanks      In other words...jumping the shark is maybe taking an idea or concept maybe just a bit too far     oh and am I still in time out or whatever was suggested on another thread?

Daria.Afterthought wrote:

I'm a 5'3 120 pound white girl with glasses, a self built computer, level 143 runescape account, and neurlogical issues. I feel like I should be the last person on earth to need to tell people NUT UP SOLDIER!

OOOHHHH Poor Daria well no wonder your so miserable, I think we should all gather round Daria and give her a great big hug and pray for her healing.

God Bless you Child.

It don't make me no never mind and there is no way I could possibly give even less consideration nor devote less of my energy to being concerned as to your feelings on that particular subject , having reached the nadir of my need to expend nor espose a scintilla of  care   ...the end

There are some people who I have chosen not to interract with in world due to the poltics they've expressed in forums (and I mean expressly, rather than implications both sides might make in a debate. If you expressly declare a certain set of political ideologies)...

- But that's it. I don't take the arguments and discussions in world. I just tell myself "there is a person I could not get along with, no matter how hard either of us tried." I leave it at that, and simply don't bother them. I'd probably leave if I landed somewhere and found one of those people there, just because I'd feel awkward. But that would be it.

Not many people even that. Choosing to actively pursue someone inworld over something out, is just not a good way to go about things. But I have vented about a person inworld on an outsde blog...