LOGIN ERROR MESSAGE!!

Kosumi Naminosaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good morning all,

I'm actually facing a logging in issue; an error message keeps appearing and I can't log into SL!!

The error message is: "Login Failed, Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer, If you feel this is an error, please contact Support@secondlife.com."

I could log in this same morning, but now I'm unable!

I tried to re-install SL, Emerald, clear cash, send e-mail.But nothing works!

PLEASE I NEED HELP!

Any advise is welcomed! I really need help, or I won't be able to log into SL anymore!

Looks like from the message your computer has been banned from SL.

2.6 Linden Lab may suspend or terminate your account at any time, without refund or obligation to you.

Linden Lab has the right at any time for any reason or no reason to suspend or terminate your Account, terminate this Agreement, and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Service without notice or liability to you. In the event that Linden Lab suspends or terminates your Account or this Agreement, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any unused time on a subscription, any license or subscription fees, any content or data associated with your Account, or for anything else.

You can fill out a ticket though to have them take a look at it.

-edit- unless the actual error is something different that was lost in translation

Oh my!

((note: I even restarted my router, but nothing changed))

It's horrible if they canceled my account!!! I tried (by the way) to log in with my other alts, but it was the same, does it change something or?

I remember this morning i had like a big screen freezing, so maybe it's a cause or?

I'm really scared D:!

Thank you though for your quick answer!

You have done well sending the support ticket. See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_does_Second_Life_say_%22You_cannot_log_into_Second_Life_from_this_location%22%3F :

This error message generally indicates you have been blocked fromthe Second Life servers by Linden Lab. These blocks may beautomatically placed as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that these actions may not have occurred on the account you are attempting to log in with!

The most common circumstances that result in this message are:

• Someone in your household has committed one of the "bad acts" listed above
  • Someone in your household has used a Second Life accountbelonging to another person, who has committed a "bad act" listed above
  • Someone in your household has provided their Second Lifeaccount and password to another person, who has committed a "bad act"listed above

So what can I do about this message?

You can submit a Support ticket via the Support portal.To ensure that Support can best determine what block has been placedand why it was added, be sure to include in the ticket your Second Lifeaccount name, as well as any Second Life accounts that log in from thatlocation.

See also http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold%3F :

What are the next steps?

1. Log into the Support Portal.
  2. Click the New Ticket Submission link.
64px-KBnote.png Note:If you're unable to log into the Support Portal as usual, log in as aGuest Account and use the Ticket Type for Basic/Guest accounts as shownbelow.

Basic Accounts

If you're on a Basic Account:

1. You'll see a page explaining the ticket types. Scroll to the bottom and click Click here to submit a ticket.
  2. On the "Submit a Ticket" page, choose the dropdowns in this order:
    • Ticket Type: Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login
    • Basic or Guest Access - only a few ticket types allowed: Account issues
    • Basic Account issues: The system says my account is Disabled or Suspended
  3. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  4. Copy the Tracking Number for your new ticket.
  5. You'll receive an email containing your ticket information.

Premium and Concierge Accounts

If you're on a Premium or Concierge Account:

1. On the "Submit a Ticket" page, choose the dropdowns in this order:
    • Ticket Type: Technical Issue
    • Technical issue: I can't log in
    • Crash/Error: Error message: account is disabled or suspended
    • Disabled Issues: Choose the one you believe to be most appropriate.
  2. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  3. Copy the Tracking Number for your new ticket.
  4. You'll receive an email containing your ticket information.

What happens next?

Linden Lab will investigate the events that led to placing youraccount on hold. Once we have concluded the investigation, we will sendyou an email explaining our conclusion and explaining the action thatwill be taken with respect to your account. As a reminder, alltransactions involving L$ are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

My account has been unfairly or incorrectly suspended or permanently closed by Linden Lab — how can I appeal this decision?

Linden Lab takes violations of the Second Life Terms of Service andCommunity Standards very seriously. The decision to apply a suspensionor permanent closure for your Second Life account(s) is reached afterinvestigation of your use of the Second Life software and service.Residents are not allowed to participate in the Second Life virtualworld if their accounts have been suspended or disabled for violationsof our Terms of Service.

However, if you can maintain in good faith that the violationswere not due to your actions or negligence, or the actions ornegligence of others working for you, you may appeal the suspension orclosure of your account(s) in writing to the address below. Pleaseprovide any relevant information that you believe would explain theviolations we detected. Linden Lab reserves sole discretion inconsidering whether to take any action on a written appeal. If youwould like to appeal your warning or suspension, you may contact SecondLife Support, in writing, at the address below:

Second Life Support, Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

Or by fax: 415-651-9221

We also accept appeals filed electronically using the ticket submission process described above.

64px-KBtip.png Tip:At the time of this writing, responses to electronically filed appealsusually take between 48-72 hours. We cannot guarantee this time frame,but we will do our best to send you a response as soon as we can.

Ok now I'm really lost o_o

I don't know what happened, I didn't do anything like fraud, or I don't know, what solution do you advise as the best one to have?

It's really worrying ((more over as i'm french, i don't understand all of what it is said,expalined and/or advised.))

Thanky ou again for all your support, even if my case seems hopeless o_o

Your computer might have what is called a 'dynamic ip address'... it changes.  Sometimes a person who has done no wrong gets the 'you are blocked' error message because your ip address changed by fluke to an ip address that has been banned previously.

Turn your modem off, unplug the wires from the back - leave it like that for 1 minute - plug the wires back in, turn the modem back on, wait for all the lights to stop blinking... once they are settled into a steady glow restart your computer.  This ideally recycles the computer's ip address - and try logging in again.

If that doesn't work, follow the advice given above.  Best of luck!

hi Kosumi Naminosaki i need help i have the same problem you have and please add me if you can my skype name is nosferatu.little and if you dont have skype .... Oh yes i have ICQ and my ICQ name and number is  58604503 so please ill be glad if you can help me please i really whant to play SL ...... SL if my fav game .... i live in SL .... please T___T

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.