Is it TRUE?? Scripted status accounts are excluded now??

Clint Maggs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

19 answers to this question

Oh, I understand Ansariel but they (LL) only implimented part of this policy.   It's true of being able to set your bot's status BUT they did'nt exclude the traffic. 

I have a parcel on a separate sim than our club used keep our bot and also a server storage location.  Nobody really goes there so, I have seen consitant 1,400 (+/- a few hundred) every day.

It was only in the last couple days I now see traffic scores around 50-90 which accounts for the time I go there to pay my ATM, check server, etc...

Well for some it's allowed... i could put  a list here, of  a lot  of places, where they still have lots of bots/campers or models, which affect the traffic.LL have taken my pace out of "place" search ...even i  marked my models  as  scripted bots... and went  from 15000 to 2000 in traffic !.. fair enough... but not when it' not counts  for  all places... there's  something  roten in the state of ....Linden Labs! so now i have to let my  first alt  take  over and move  my entire  texture place  to a new sim and maybe make a nuse beach to increase   traffic.. i jsut think it's lunatcs  to do this...

Thank you...  You beat me too it.  I was searching and searching. 

I think this is the best news I have heard all day (ok.....I live a boring life )

I got a new bot system when the first announcement came out and was disapointed that they were'nt expluding the traffic.   I had to move our main bot to our club's parcel and was'nt happy that I was adding untrue traffic to our score.

Now I can sleep at night. heheheheh

That sucks if they removed your search even though you had your "bots' set as scripted status.   Shoot, I'd make a ticket if I were you.

But the OTHER places that stil are abusing like you said...  This policy does'nt matter I don't feel.  They were doing unethical practices before the policy and will keep on doing it untill LL sripts their search.

Bots and traffic gaming are not allowed unless your an approved traffic gamer... How yo become one of those I dunno - maybe having a Linden as a RL friend, or being an xstreet top-10 seller, or something...

That said, nothing stops the rest of us from filing a new AR every 5 minutes against the traffic gamers until they either openly declare the bias, or start dealing with it.

With the personal caveat that I have yet to find one of these places. I'm just going off of what I keep reading over and over again in these forums. If you're finding those people still doing it, just get an AR party going and file a few dozen ARs at once. That's how land reform groups deal with ad-farmers and micro-plot makers.

Read assorted office hours, and look at statements made about incidents on various external forums.

During the office hours as the adult policy was going into and then went into effect, it was a common theme that certain names would pop up, along with details, and the linden in attendance would have no more than a non-answer to why those names were still popping up.

That same kind of info can be found when looking at conversation about bots.

Yes , Clint... to send  a ticket should be a good idea !... and i did. Infact i send several tickets, but never got an answer from the LL, so what does it helps ? ( I sended my  first ticket for 3 weeks ago)  Btw... I think LL have used my ip.adr. to stop me to get in search, which means I have to let my son bye my place and take over and move it  to another sim, then i don't hope they will ban his account aswell ! Bur 1 good thing about  all this, i will safe  around 50.000 Lindens  every month in the future, because i was forced to make vendors for all my  textures, But all in all it's crazy, that I need to do all this, because of 1 man from the Linden fam.

So while I am looking at the ToS, disclosure is naming a person or a specific place (venue, club, atc..).  What about region names?   Can region names be posted without fear of king the treads and/or suspensions?

I've yet to make it to any office hours but it'd be interesting to go see.

Well I don't think disclosing Public information, like Region Names is against the TOS, as for naming club names, or anything, I don't really think that is against TOS either, but then again it is best if you ask other people just to make sure.

I think its only First Life, and SecondLife info Disclosure that counts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.