What ticks you off about creators in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a noob and someone who is interesting in learning how to create, retexture, etc. I am sure I make mistakes all the time. I don't sell my items but I would like to soon, and I would hope people who decide they are worth paying for would be patient and accepting of my mistakes just as I hope to be the kind of creator who will be able to address them in a timely manner. For most SL creators I would assume, and again I am new so this is an assumption, that this is a hobby not a full fledged business that supports their RL. I wouldn't get upset about not getting immediate responses from creators but I guess it depends on the price of the items in question. The good news is you have now turned me on to Meli Imako so you can look forward to more amateur retextures of her items. :P

hollowgirl78 wrote:

As a noob and someone who is interesting in learning how to create, retexture, etc. I am sure I make mistakes all the time. I don't sell my items but I would like to soon, and I would hope people who decide they are worth paying for would be patient and accepting of my mistakes just as I hope to be the kind of creator who will be able to address them in a timely manner. For most SL creators I would assume, and again I am new so this is an assumption, that this is a hobby not a full fledged business that supports their RL. I wouldn't get upset about not getting immediate responses from creators but I guess it depends on the price of the items in question. The good news is you have now turned me on to Meli Imako so you can look forward to more amateur retextures of her items.
:P

For most creators it is a hobby, some make enough though to pay for a nice size piece of land, some of the more successful ones make some extra RL money at it, enough to supplement their income a bit or maybe pay for a luxury, and some talented and crative and very successful people make their RL lilving at it.

I have had this issue with my Marketplace listings too. I am not on SL now but if I recall correctly items that are modifible will show as "no modify" in your inventory when they are not rezzed if they contain any no-mod component, like a script or animation. I think this understandably confuses buyers, especially if they are new to SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.