Sexual harrassment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Last autumn at a force sex sim i encountered a female av that like so many others was standing around amidst the crowds of players...Her see through and scimpy clothes suggested she to was there as a player and as such i approached her. A quick converstaion though revealed her motives were more along the lines of entrapment than any wish to participate in rp....

I cut my losses and left her alone and in my mind that was the end of it despite her statement that she would now report me for breach of TOS.

Recently i decided to type my sl name into Google just to see if anything came up and was surprised to find a blog entry where this woman had cut and pasted out conversation into her blog and was attempting to use me as a demonstration of the "sexually corrupted" policies of second life.

Here is the URL to the blog .. http://sexsecond.blogspot.com/2009/10/examples-of-sexual-harassment-in-second.html

2 comments at the bottom of the blog both smacked of adolescent twoddle so instead of adding my own comment i opted to send her a notecard inworld. I was carefull to word the note in a way that was in no way abusive, threatening or confrontational however, despite that i can see she had been online a couple of days ago i have recieved no notification that she has either accepted or rejected my notecard which left me assuming the woman must have muted me....Fair enough.

This morning, again out of curiosity, i typed her sl name into Google to see if she was carrying on her "strange ways" and found this .. http://sexsecond.blogspot.com/

If you scroll down you find a heading "Message from a second lie Christian" .. Now the woman assumes that i have created an alt and used that to flame her on this blog.

The cut and pasted comments (strangly devoid of anything from her) raises some salient points although again his style of chat maybe done more harm than good.

My questions

I honestly don't think i have harrassed this woman in any way however can someone tell me .. Does my initial conversation (and only conversation) with this woman read like sexual harrassment to you's. I'm a staunch believer of the simple concept of "human Vs human"..some men are bad, some are good, some women are bad, some are good....The differences in the sexes are undeniable yet there isn't one that is better than the other..we are all at the end of the day "residents of earth". Seeing my sl name being hung out like some sort of sexual deviant is (without wishing to sound overly dramatic) perturbing!

Also........can a resident cut and paste conversations into their blogs without gaining permission to do so by those included in the chat logs.?

Olsin Skute.

Grim.Thursday wrote:

Why are you going out of your way to find something offensive? It's a blog..who cares? Probably written by someone with too much time on their hands.

http://grimwednesday.blogspot.com/ That blog and the others ones that are linked have been going on for two years now. Read that mess and then get back to me on being in someone else's blog.

I'm a bit late, however.

People are idiots. I'm sorry, to both of you.

To Grim : I love the name makes me think of Keys to the Kingdom, but I degress. There is no excuse for doing that sort of thing to anyone. I've experienced internet stalking for several years, it was actually what prompted me to come to SL, to escape from it. It saddens me to see the new and creative ways people come up with to do it.

To Olsin: I really wouldn't worry about that girls blog. The old saying all publicity is good publicity works for you in this case. One poster even admits they met you because of it and you were a nice guy. Anyone with half a brain reading that girls journal wouldn't take her seriously. If anything it helps you by elliminating the idiots who would believe something like that about you. I don't know you personally, but from that all I saw was politeness from you and an attempt at self validation from her.

Maybe the problem isn't that people are being sexually harrassed on SL. As you were the only log she seemed to have there, but that she isn't getting to be sexually harrassed on SL because she wasn't worth approaching. Even in a skimpy see-through dress. I wonder how long she was standing there before someone even spoke to her.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.