Accidently deleted script in a prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really didn't want to bother you all again so soon, but then I had such an accident today! After scripting for more than an hour I wanted to save the results by renaming the script in the prim and then putting it in the inventory. But instead of "rename" I accidently clicked on "delete". Is there any way to restore the script or is all the work gone for good?

I hate it when that happens.  I'm afraid it's gone for good.  Fortunately, you have just been working on the script so it is fresh in your mind and won't be hard to rewrite.  In fact, I have often found that I do a better job the second time around because I'm not overly biased by seeing my earlier clumsiness.  Wishful thinking, perhaps, but it makes the task a little easier to swallow. 

Doing something dumb like that is an occupational hazard, BTW.  I think every scripter or builder can tell you a similar tale (or several).  I think it's nature's way of reminding us to save backups frequently.

• Like 1

As Rolig says. we've all of us done that -- and, at least if you're me, had similar disasters when experimenting with llDie() and llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_TEMP_ON_REZ, TRUE]) -- it is so much easier to write the script the second time round.

I've got into the habit of formatting and compiling scripts in LSLEditor even if I'm writing them in-world.   That not only gives me a backup but also makes debugging a lot easier when the script doesn't compile.   The automatic formatting usually gives a good indication of where things have gone wrong, and I find the error messages a lot more helpful than the ones in the viewer editor.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.