Avatar Appearance not showing properly

Chamelion Fuhr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is the right forum to put this in, but I don't see a bug report in regards to this issue, so I'm trying here.

Just recently I've come across a weird issue where avatars are coming up rather bizarre in color. In fact, on my SL viewer it's showing that my own avatar, which is supposed to be a lizard with dark green scales, is coming on in the viewer as a lizard with blotches of pale green scales (some even to the verge of being white). This has been going on recently and I have no idea how to fix this issue.

I've already tried clearing the cache, fiddling with the graphics settings, updating (and even rolling back!) the graphics card, and uninstalling and reinstalling the entire client, and still the same result comes up. If anyone has any suggestions on how to correct this issue, please let me know.

As for the graphics itself, it's the built-in graphics card that the laptop came with (Intel HD graphics).

I have an image of the issue as a screenshot, though I don't know how to upload it.

When you post, there's a little tree symbol just above the typing box, that's where you put in an image. :3

You've tried everything else, did you try windlight settings? I'm not sure what viewer you're using but it's something similar that happened to my favorite windlight at one time. It got corrupted somehow and everything showed up very, very strange myriad of colors. A sim you visited could have switched your windlights. If switching your windlights doesn't produce favorable results (I suggest something neutral like avataroptwhiter 2) What about your screen settings? It sounds like it's all washed out, like your gamma has been fiddled with... more likely your windlights though.

I dunno, it's a shot though. Hope you get it fixed. The built-in gc's aren't too friendly with SL sometimes.

yeah, I tried to upload it through there but I kept getting "Error code: upload failed" message.

Anyway, I was using the traditional SL viewer, but I finally got convinced to switch over to Firestorm, where the issue hasn't come up. So if anything whatever the avatar graphics bug came from, came from the SL viewer itself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.