Contact Information change - Password Incorrect

Zak Kozlov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello

For some reason my offline IMs were no longer delivered to my email

I have made sure to check the box in Preference viewer settings (it was already checked, I unchecked it and re-checked it using official viewer) and it still was not getting delivered

I try to pass from the website Contact Information page (where it is not checked)

Whenever I try to save change I'm getting told that my password is incorrect

I have searched this and it seem to be a regular problem...

I seen people telling to enter only the first 15 or 16 chars of your password - Didnt worked

all the others were saying "make sure you entered it right" - I have tried about 20 times, logged off / logged back on website to make sure I wasnt mixing things up. I'm entering the right password properly

What are the options now?

Thank you

edit @ Madelaine McMasters & all: Of course I am entering my Second Life password hehe and I must say that I have trouble conceiving that in 2014 someone could understand and enter their email password in there

1 answer to this question

Hi Zak,

You're here, so you've entered your SL password correctly!

I think you may be entering the password for your e-mail account in the Contact Information page. Where they ask for "Current Password (for verification), they are asking for the SL account password you used to log into both the viewer and the website, not the password to your e-mail account.

If you've made this mistake, you're not along. Someone described the same situation just a few days ago. The only place you should ever enter your e-mail password is into the web page or mail viewer that you use to get your e-mail. Linden Lab has no reason to know your e-mail password. They contact you via your e-mail address only, just like everybody else.

Be careful!

ETA: Okay, so you're entering the correct password (people could be forgiven for entering their e-mail password due to the poor wording of that SL web page). Maybe it's time to try restarting your web browser and/or PC. If you're using Internet Explorer, it might also be time to try another browser. SL web properties don't like IE very much.

Good luck!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.