Sign in to follow this  
Felix Stourmead

New at texturing meshed prims

I am trying to apply a texture to an engine that I made in mesh and I am sure that I did the UV unwrapping correctly, however when I try to put the texture on the prim in SL, it just doesnt fit and it either takes up too much of the prim with one part or I cant seem to get it on there correctly. What could be causing this? I am hoping to get this to work but texturing has never really been my strong point.

A picture would be nice.

I am going to guess that you did not properly adjust the faces in the UV unwrap though.   To test this, try one of the listed texture

https://www.google.com/search?q=grid+texture&client=firefox-a&hs=0IM&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8-h_U6KRGYOmyATPwoGQBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=995&bih=419#channel=sb&q=color+grid+texture&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

on your object in blender. 

this one looks to be particularly suited to the task   http://cglink.com/files/attach/images/1589/713/001/UV.Grid.jpg

If you are seeing the same kind of distortions then you most likely need to adjust your UV unwrap to remove the stretching effect.

• Like 1

arton Rotaru wrote:

That's cool indeed. But c'mon, 200 x 105px? How should anybody see something on that?

copy the image link, paste to a new tab, and chop off the the part from /image and beyond. then you can see the full resolution. Lithium ought to have a nice zoom button for that, but it doesn't.

• Like 1

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

arton Rotaru wrote:

That's cool indeed. But c'mon, 200 x 105px? How should anybody see something on that?

copy the image link, paste to a new tab, and chop off the the part from /image and beyond. then you can see the full resolution. Lithium ought to have a nice zoom button for that, but it doesn't.

Cool, that worked! :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

@Felix,

could you tell us which 3D modeling program you use. And could you post a screenshot of the UV layout of that model in your 3D app? Obviously something is wrong here, but it's hard to tell what went wrong. Could be wrong UV mapping, could be messed up UVs when uploaded to SL etc...