Does this skirt make my butt look fat?

Arakeem Merryman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

Just using common sense and by no means do I really know the answer here. I would think so that the pants layer is covered with less bleed through when you walk or animations etc.  Also I know in my designing of clothing the new skirt layer always has a little bustle in the back and is not defaultly set to 0.

It's a thing in SL, a skirt is rendered away from the body. The way to fix this is as follows. If your shape is modifialbe, first make a copy of teh shape and call it something like "skirt shape". Wear the new skirt shape and go into Appearance. (Edit, then appearance) in the torso tab of the shape, find the sliders for hips and for your butt, set these sliders to zero or a size you find appealing. This works best if you're wearing a skirt while doing it so you can see the effect. Once you find the size you like best in a regular skirt, save the new shape. Next time you wear a regular skirt, wear the skirt shape with it and voila, you look sleek and sophisticated instead of big butted. lol But if your shape is not modifiable there's nothing you can do about it.

For best results play with all those settings (saddlebags, hip width and butt size) around the hips/butt until you are happy with the look (when i finally learned this trick it saved half my inventory of system skirts i thought were unwearable - and there was one gown I deleted that I will never be able to get back ).

Spread the word - there are far too many women that haven't heard about the "system skirt shape" trick!

laughs... oki yes, you have to really like her ass to be able to bring it off with sincerity or - really care about her enuf not to hurt her feelings if she is feeling good about herself... or suggest another skirt/outfit that truly is flattering without telling her why... i know we are complicated... but NOT that complicated, smiles

Well.. if you feel that the skirts make you look too big, that's a shame, but I think the answer might be fairly easy.

The non-prim skirts float over the body of the avatar, just because of the way that the SL client handles them.  Nothing (of which I am away) changes that, so no matter what kind of non-prim skirt it is, you will always notice that it makes that part of the body of the avatar look bigger.

Sure.. it's not great, but - as you've seen - prim skirts are much more-configurable and probably the way to best get away from the 'fat' appearance of the non-prim skirts.

Hello Arakeem, other Residents have also requested this New Feature on pJIRA Improve avatar skirt mesh and morphs

Adding your comments and vote will give useful information to the LL Developers.

As Q Linden says on this Blog post Taking technical feedback from Residents

How the bug report is handled

After submitting an issue, you might want to point it out to some friends. People can vote for issues they care about. Linden Lab uses vote count to help point out the issues we should pay the most attention to. Vote count is not the only measure, of course, but all things being equal, an issue with more votes will get attention sooner.

pJIRA is a tool for residents to file new feature requests as well as bug reports (The "P" stands for Public.) An overview and common questions about pJIRA can be found in the Creating bug reports and feature requests in the Public Issue Tracker

How do I log in to the Tracker?

• Visit https://jira.secondlife.com and click the 'Log In' link on the top right of the page
  • On the login page, enter your Second Life username (Firstname Lastname) and password

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.