To me, I'm clothed. To the REST of SL, I'm bucknaked.

MiraBlair Werefox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okaaaay. So, the deal is. I'm looking at myself on my screen, and I see myself as wearing a tank, gloves with prim endings, jeans, boots, hair, ears and tail.. The REST of the world, only sees that my primmy parts have changed, that I've got a tail, ears, prim things on my hands, and boots on. The clothes that aren't prim that I was wearing earlier. Are practically GLUED to my skin apparently, and if I wanted to change skin, my skin is GLUED to my shape. But only to the rest of the world. Not to me.

I've stood there and stared at myself with my ALT one day. Nothin'. It seems to take at LEAST an hour or two for my clothes to show up to others.

I've rebaked, rebooted, cleared cache, REROUTED cache, relogged, edit -> Ctrl + Alt + R. All that jazz.

It stil takes a couple hours.

Okay, so, lets go with, a video driver error, which is what I was told once this is.

My computer is brand new. Asus (NO! Not one of those big huge bulky heavy duty Asus, just an Asus), bought it less than six months ago. It could be my drivers but who knows. I'd need to find a place that would update my drivers. ._.

If its LLs problem, someone tell me so I can go to Cali and kick some bum. O.O

Or if its easily fixable and I'm not the only one. HELP.

well, if it was the clothes, i could say its maybe because the have an extreme big texture to load, but you said its with different clothes...

with structure i ment, if there was any logic you can find in it why it could happen...but probably not since you posted it here ...

cant think of a reason if it happens to you with all clothes and anywhere...maybe the god of sl just likes to see you butnaked...

grtz

domi

This happened to a guest at one of my live music events recently.  This was a semi-regular attendee, so I know she was telling the truth when she said she was fully clothed in her view.

This was not a problem with her video driver, she WAS seeing the clothing, the other guests were not.  If it were her video driver, that should have been the other way around.

This was not a problem with the clothing being high resolution.  That would have caused her to show as all grey.  Her skin, in all it's detail, was showing.  Her clothes were not.

Fortunately, I saw her, let her know, she ran inside the building (where there was no one) and relogged.  When she came back out, she was clothed just fine.  As I said above, I know this lady, this was no fake.

This also happened to one of the musicians at one of my shows.  He finished his set, tp'd off the stage and was suddenly naked.  He had been fully and properly clothed thoughout his performance, the nakedness happened when he tp'd the short distance from our stage to the bridge over looking the stage (our dance area).  He immediately tp'd home, relogged and then had clothing on.

I suggested to both to raise either an AR or a Jira as this is surely either a griefing (which I don't think) or a bug (which I strongly suspect).  My advice to anyone who experiences this, first duck for cover, relog and then raise a ticket.

Unless of course, you're at a nudist resort . . .

• Like 1

This happened to a friend of mine, she saw herself as dressed and everyone else saw her as half-dressed. She said that the little message in her Inventory said that clothes were still loading. So maybe she was seeing clothes in her cache on her computer and the rest of SL was seeing unloaded clothes from the asset servers because of a SL problem.

Just remember that most probs of this type can be traced back to SL servers and are temporary. If your clothes aren't loaded, they won't be seen, but why they can be seen on the person's own computer is a mystery to me.

Two things that may help other rezzing problems and missing inventory problems, not this one though because it is probably a SL server problem .

Go to the directory where your cache textures are stored, it is the path see in your SL menu "Edit" - "Preferences".  Go there and delete everything manually. Everything. Then restart SL. Also, if you use Emerald, make sure that your Emerald cache is in a separate subfolder than the Second Life viewer cache, (like in a folder named "Emerald" and the one for the SL viewer is "Second Life". I have been told that if you use both viewers and they shar thw same cache directory, you can have problems. So maybe on Windows XP -

C:\Documents and Settings\MyWindowsLogin\Local Settings\Application Data\SecondLife\textures

C:\Documents and Settings\MyWindowsLogin\Local Settings\Application Data\Emerald\textures

These paths will be different on other OSs.

This helped me when lots of my inventory was missing one time.

this happens a lot with animations too . you go dancing. after dancing i "stop all animations". so i normally walk again, and go to an other place. there they ask me if i can stop with dancing. but in my viewer i'm just standing there...  after relog, mostly it was ok. server errors? would like to know more of it... i had it in the past, but now i dont seem to have it anymore...

Maybe totaly unconnected but I had this very problem a while back...it was my ISP capping services secretively.

I am in the UK and was with Sky connect....moved back to BT and the problem along with many others I had in SL vanished (no music/groups/Death by TP/& more) . the same happened to me...TP into a live music event starkers to everyone else when on  my screen I was clothed

Just a thought and hope it helps someone if not yourself.

R

I have had a similar problem but in reverse - my partner and I are having 'adult' time, and one or the other of us will inquire as to why the other is still dressed.  Usually doing appearance will fix the problem, although I have set up a 'clear visual cache' tool on our island, and use it reguarlly.

Don't know if that will help.

Oh you're not alone. This happens to me A LOT. I'll be wearing clothes that I wore the day before, when I changed hours ago. Just happened last night. Relogging, rebooting the computer doesn't usually help. Sometimes going into appearance for a minute or two along with ctrl alt r does it. Sometimes it takes longer than other. I thought it was a lag issue, but see it happens to a lot more people, so idk. But usually appearance for a length of time (not just a quick second) will do the trick.

No. You should manually delete the contents of your cache folder.

Preferences -> Network -> Disk Cache Location will tell you which folder it is. Log out of SL, find that folder and delete everything in it. Then log back in, preferably to a VERY quiet, low lag SIM, and allow your inventory to fully repopulate. While it does, do NOT TP or access your inventory. Once your inventory has fully reloaded, relog once more.

Ha you think that is bad? 

Remember the days when to yourself looked perfectly normal but to others you had your prim hair, jewelry and shoes all crammed where the sun don't shine?  Now come on that is waaaay more ackward! 

But it was especally funny when the person had no AO and and no clue.  A duck walk with a shoe up the butt-priceless.

I DID NOT suggest that you delete anything in your inventory! In fact, I don't think you read my reply very closely so I would like to ask you NOT to try to do any of the things that I suggested. I certainly don't want to be held responsible for telling you to delete things from your inventory when I suggested NO SUCH THING! So please disregard my suggestions, thanks. The more I read about this problem, the more I am convinced that it is a Linden Labs asset server problem (overloaded, not enough capacity, etc) and there is nothing we, as clients, can do to solve it. I wish you good luck and hope that the problem goes away soon, if it hasn't already.

Certain items, such as shoes, that have rezise scripts in them will cause other items of clothing to take forever to rezz to other people.

There seems to be a glitch in the script that causes this, not all scripted items will cause this either, I would suggest taking off any items you have that are scripted, one at a time and see if it makes any difference

Hello MiraBlair, please see the replies on this Question Re: My clothes are invisible

Please follow Nyx Linden's suggestions, add your comments, Second Life log and vote on the pJIRA issue.

..I"ve been doing alot of "Edit Appearance" today, and it seems to be helping a little

Note: Going into Appearance, and clicking OK, without making any changes, is a way of Rebaking textures

I have a friend who uses Emerald viewer, and she actually walks OUT of her clothes, to me. To her, she's still dressed, but I see her naked and her clothes just get all left behind, hanging in the air where she first appeared. I've taken pics while I laughed my pixels off.

Hello Teddi, please see the replies on this Question hovering attachments in regular SLviewer?o.O?

It's an Emerald Viewer feature of Secondary Attachment Points

If you have not yet noticed, you can attach items to duplicate attachment points.

If you choose to do this, keep in mind that *Linden Lab's officialviewer will not display these items correctly*.  (Either they will notappear, or *they will not be in the correct location*).

MiraBlair.Werefox wrote:

*ahem* Lol, the same thing occured to me and my partner last night. ._. Explain Visual Cache?

"clearing the visual cache" is a deruthing technique which can admitably work fairly well.

basically the idea behind it, is your video card will be holding memory/marking it as active, for the textures you're currently seeing/rendering in the world - clearing that cache can force the video processor to temporarily mark the memory being held for textures as un-needed which will let it "forget" what all textures and etc it had in front of it for usage whenever it needed resulting in the video card reprocessing nearby textures and re-allocating memory for the ones it thinks it will use again soon.

it's a fairly simple thing to do as well, it may or may not help when Ctrl + Alt + R or open and close appearance don't make a difference, it's hard to call beforehand, but shouldn't be left out of the process of elimination.

1. create a brand new prim

2. sit on that prim and right click -> edit from the radial

3. in the position field edit it up past your VIEW DISTANCE set in preferences -> graphics

4. press Ctrl + U with the edit window still highlighted to undo the position change

5. stand up and delete the prim.

if you're unsure what your view distance setting might be set at, 500 or a 1000 should be well beyond what you're currently rendering, so i'd recommend using one of those distances first if you're not sure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.