Can I find out if I've been ARed?

Starchild Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently I crossed paths in-world with someone who I know reports lots of people to Linden Labs even if they aren't doing anything against the TOS. This person didn't say anything for a couple of minutes, and I can't help but wonder if they were busy ARing me and my friends. I'm so curious whether they did or not. Is there any way I can find out if I've been ARed? I won't hear about it from LL because I wasn't breaking any rules.

5 answers to this question

There's no way to know unless LL decides to suspend your account.  Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it since often times, things aren't done when people ARE doing something wrong.  If someone AR's you, they'll have to say what you were doing, and LL can determine if that's true or not.  For example, if you're griefing someone by orbiting them, that's logged, also, any and all text is recorded and can be looked up, so someone lying to LL would come back on them, not you.  Most likely, you were not being AR'd, but if you were, and LL were to determine you were at fault, the you wouldn't know it until they suspended your account.

No point echoing the 'no you won't find out til it's too late' theme, but I'll add the following with ideally will buy you piece of mind (if you weren't doing anything, all that'll happen is the AR team will be annoyed at the waste of an AR)...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Fr43k_Paine/Dealing_With_Griefers

Abuse Reporting

Now lets talk about the nearly most important: Abuse Reporting:
Does anyone think they have privacy from the Lindens?
NO! Everything that is said in chat or IM on server is logged, also all inventory transfers. Now the good news is that only the detectives can access it and there are detectives people paid REAL Money to investigate crimes in SL and Abuse Reports are how they find out who to chase.

• Like 1

It's not something I'm worried about. In fact, if I DID find out I'd been reported, I would have fallen out of my chair laughing. For the exact reason that my friends and I WEREN'T doing anything wrong and we all know it, even the person who I think reported us.

Thanks, everyone, for the responses!

No, but most MMO's that have such abuse tickets also have rules against people that abuse the abuse system. I couldn't find the LL policy, but I know World of Warcraft and City of Heros both have banned people who have filed false abuse reports for purposes of harassment.

(BTW, having spoken to you on an alt, I cannot imagine anyone ARing you! Unfortunately, they cant prevent crazy.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.