Sign in to follow this  
Six Igaly

Rez on chat..is that even possible?

Hello all,

Like the title might say, I am looking for a script that will rez an object with a chat command. If such thing exists. I might be searching in the wrong places, or not using all possible keywords, but so far I can't find it.

I could try making my own however, experience learned that those attempts are not so good for the overall sim performance. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Would be great if anyone can help me out / point me to the right direction.

BTW..I was in doubt, was it a scripting section kind of question? Or is it a wanted section one? I picked this one now (obviously).

You can have an object with a script that has a listener for the chat command and that script can then rez content from that objects inventory.

You cannot just say something in chat and have it rezzed from avatar inventory, nor can an object rez anything from avatar inventory.

Sassy Romano wrote:

You can have an object with a script that has a listener for the chat command and that script can then rez content from that objects inventory.

You cannot just say something in chat and have it rezzed from avatar inventory, nor can an object rez anything from avatar inventory.

I wonder then how "rezplat" in Firestorm works?

REZ A PLATFORM (USAGE: CMD 0-30): Assuming the avatar has build privileges in the simulator, this command rezzes a circular platform of the given diameter beneath the avatar. Example: “rezplat 25”, rezzes a 25m diameter platform below the avatar.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/phoenix:phoenix_preferences_tab

Thank you Sassy. I was not clear enough. I know it has to be in an object, and I want that object to rez an object on chat, not from avatars inventory. And somehow I can't find that particulair script.

Firestorm, quite easily. I've not looked in detail but firestorm has the bridge which is an lsl scripted object which interfaces with the viewer. Plus, you describe what would be a trivial listen feature in the viewer code to create an object.

Firestorm has access to the inventory so any extras are possible but try it in the standard viewer and it's not possible.

Can that rezplat be changed to any arbitrary object or is it just creating a new object as there's a difference.

Script to put in object to rez something with a chat command and with that something in it's contents.

{

state_entry() {

llListen(1,"", NULL_KEY, "");

}

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message) {

if (message == "words to say to make rez go here") {

llRezObject("Something's name to rez goes here", llGetPos() + <0.0,0.0,1.0>, <0.0,0.0,1.0>, <0.0,0.0,0.0,1.0>, 0);

}

}

}

I think this will work.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Firestorm, quite easily. I've not looked in detail but firestorm has the bridge which is an lsl scripted object which interfaces with the viewer. Plus, you describe what would be a trivial listen feature in the viewer code to create an object.

Firestorm has access to the inventory so any extras are possible but try it in the standard viewer and it's not possible.

Can that rezplat be changed to any arbitrary object or is it just creating a new object as there's a difference.

I don't know how they are doing it.  It's not in the bridge.  There is no "object" in the bridge nor do I see anything in the Script related to this (that I can recocnize).  Lastly, the function works with the Bridge detached so my guess it is somehow coded in the Viewer,  but I am really not up to the task to search through that code.