Sign in to follow this  
Ellaa Pinden

viever?

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi Ellaa,

Have you tried out SnowGlobe viewer yet?  I use that one for one of the computers that I use.  It seems to run much better with the SnowGlobe viewer than the SL viewer.  It's still laggy but it does not crash as often and the viewer seems to be alot easier to run.  A couple of my friends even gave it a try for their laptops and they found that it ran nice and smooth for them.  Here is the link...give it a try and see if it helps at all...   http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Snowglobe

• Like 1

thx, now i try emerald it has no difference at all..

but my biggest problem is when i open sl my comp stuck i cant open any pograms because of SL.. Cpu going crazy %100

Message was edited by: Ellaa Pinden

Hi Ellaa,

Try using the cool viewer, i think the version is called the "legacy"  I use that on my old laptop and it works oki - i can't stay on sl for very long even with that viewer.  If you are able to log on turn all your graphics settings to the lowest possible settings.  You might also want to look into a text based viewer if you just want to be able to talk to friends.

Unfortunately with each new viewer LL seems to be making things more and more difficult for those of us with older, non-gaming machines.  So the best advice is to save your pennies for a new computer if you really want to enjoy all that SL has to offer.

Here's a link to LL's list of 3rd party viewers - you will see the link to the Cool Viewer there.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Alternate_viewers#Third-party_Viewers

good luck

if alternative viewers aren't making a difference (i hear kirsten's viewer is good graphically for poorer systems) and you have say a laptop where changing the graphics card is very difficult unless you are a professional computer repairer stocking up on extra ram is always worth a try it's cheap and easy to get at when you go to install it plus it's always beneficial to have unfortunately loads of people myself included are reporting problems with sl ever since the emergency server updates at the beginning of the month so if sl was working fine for you till then that is a strong cause

• Like 1