Real World Credit Processing time

Yolanda4You

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello , i keep hear that people have delays more then 2-5 days with the withdraws ..some i asked said everything ok ...can i get an  answer to know for sure.....becouse i heard all kinds of "storys" ...i dont mind of the 2-5 days delay but osme say they wait their withdraws for weeks ....thank you i hope i can finally find out the real way that works this withdraw

wow was easyer to just tell me yes or no lol anyway your reply is with no point ...i think was it smarter not to reply then to say this..where do you think i heard i just though someone can provide an answer ...not what i already know or did ...pay mroe atention to the ideea of any topic you read..thx and that will save you for some pathetic moments like this one

There is a blog post from the Commerce Team here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Commerce/Process-Credit-System-Delays-Have-Been-Resolved/ba-p/2266819

It has a table at the bottom that details expected wait time in between cashing out and funds arriving in your Paypal account. In my experience, it's accurate.  One possible reason for delay would be the new tax reporting requirements - if you need to provide that tax paperwork to LL, any cashouts are delayed until they receive it.  If you have tried to cash out and are waiting beyond the normal time, then check your support history for a request from LL for the tax info.  Often the email that should alert you to the request never makes it to your email.  Once the required information is provided, the processing to Paypal timing will resume.

There is that tax for Eurpean residents, but I was not referring to that.  I was referring to the new Tax Reporting documents that LL is requesting from many people who cash out.

For more information, the Commerce Section of the Blogs has quite a few posts that contain information that you may want to read.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Commerce/bg-p/commerce

Arwen Serpente wrote:

One possible reason for delay would be the new tax reporting requirements [...] Often the email that should alert you to the request never makes it to your email.  Once the required information is provided, the processing to Paypal timing will resume.

This.

If a cashout is taking longer then a week and you haven't already provided the lab with your tax info then you need to look for an email from the lab or log into the support portal to check for an open case.

I had to search my gmail for email from support@secondlife.com before i found anything.

----

Due to the volume and/or amount of Process Credit Requests you have submitted this year, Linden Lab is now required to collect and confirm the following account information from you:

•       Name

•       Date of birth

•       Address

•       Identification number (for U.S. residents, the Social Security Number)

---

Unfortunately it is to hard for LL to add a notice/pop-up on the process page that informs pople about this tax policy and being pro-active about it. People so far have to wonder why the process request stays 'in progress' and have to open the support page to find out what is going on.

They rather have people cash out and give them unwarned 1 month before they will ban the account (put it on hold) without properly informing them upfront before they cash out.

I am sure the CEO is aware of this policy implementation towards their customers (not).

as i was expected i withdraw friday still didnt got them and i asked them on live chat they said if they dont come yesterday i should expect them tuesday ...i asked them about the form w8 from irs they said if it didnt come i dont need to fill it ...is there other ioption to withdraw money from sl?

I am quite puzzled that they want me to submit this stuff too, as I am nowhere even close to the thresholds I have heard mentioned regarding this issue. 

As others have said, would it really be SO HARD for LL to be a bit more proactive in informing us? Just a popup when we login or something? I now basically have 5 days to save my account from suspension.

i tried to process my earnings from marketplace last week and got this letter instead, until this day (7 has passed) i am not able to withdrow any money into my paypal acocount. Worse LL is not evening offering an explanation! I have been processing my credits dor more than 5 years now and is the first time i run into this problem, ll has all my authentification documents including photos and all related numbers....sigh

We are unable to complete your Process Credit request at this time. This may be due to one or more of the following reasons:

- account status

- geographic location

- undisclosed potential risk factors

Unfortunately we are unable to disclose or discuss the exact reason for the decline. You are welcome to resubmit your request in 2 weeks time, at which point the transaction will be re-evaluated.

The requested funds, including any and all fees, have been returned to your account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.