♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ) I'm online..Everything seems to be fine

PurplePrimrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So far, I am moving great, Inventory is all there from what I can see. Although I have thousands LOL, So far I am gonna say it's there. Great movement & zero lag.Graphics are amazingly crisp & clear, & quick teleportation from one point to another. #1 Happy camper. I can see myself no puff or grey cloud no disfigurment or missing limbs or clothing. Maintenance took forever, Longer than I have ever experienced, But all is said & done & we are all now connected to our second lives  ≧◉◡◉≦. So I am reporting on my end..All is A+ Okay..Thanks L.L. Great Work...

5 answers to this question

KEWL :D

I just got home and installed the latest version of the SL Viewer:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.8.289942

This release fixed 2 very important crash issues involving memory leaks.

• MAINT-3827 crash in KDU texture decoding, likely out of memory
  • MAINT-4009 Investigate and address memory leaks in the viewer

After supporting and assisting on SL Answers all this morning and afternoon from my work location, I was anxious to see the results of the maintenance activity on my favorite PC for SL.

WOW, just Wow! I'm not sure what was done during the several hours of maintenance but my SL experience is incredibly fast this evening. More to come as I test this evening.

My PC Specs as a reference checkpoint:

Second Life 3.7.8 (289942) May  9 2014 19:58:10 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 159.5, 159.6, 1,232.2 in Firmament Paradise located at sim10311.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.50.33:13000)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firmament%20Paradise/160/160/1232
(global coordinates 271,264.0, 335,520.0, 1,232.2)
Second Life Server 14.05.09.289913
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU    Q8300  @ 2.50GHz (2493.79 MHz)
Memory: 8191 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series [using the latest driver from AMD]

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1247
OpenGL Version: 4.2.12618 Compatibility Profile Context 13.251.0.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 0/0 (-1.0%)

• Like 1

You two are vey lucky. It's 9:08pm PST and for the past two hours, I've been able to log in, but furniture doesn't rezz, my feet don't rezz. 

I cannot TP anywhere, so I'm stuck in my (empty) house. I cannot get About Land information. I cannot IM anyone. My friend's list is empty. My SL is basically at a standstill and unusuable. It's been this way all day - since 7am PST. I hope SL is back for me and the rest of us tomorrow. Fourteen hours like this.  This sucks.

For Judi & Aura,

Your local configuration .XML files and caches may have become "Borked" during the maintenance activities. Please try a clean re-install and then log into SL and wait for your session to complete it's cache and inventory rebuilds.

1) Reinstall SL again using the official version from Linden Lab. [be sure to do a clean install - Instructions are at the link below]

.... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

.... 1) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Local and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 2) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Roaming and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 3) Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
.... 4) Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

Note: (PC Login Name) is the Windows 8 User Account Login Name

If you can't see the files or folders described above:
.... 1) Using File Explorer navigate to -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
.... 2) Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
.... 3) From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
.... 4) Select the View Tab
.... 5) Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
.... 6) Push the Apply Button then the OK button.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

3) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

Macro 2014-03-06 Rev

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.