Folders outside of My Inventory?

Ro Meili

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Heya! Last night I noticed a few rogue folders that somehow snuck out of the My Inventory folder in my inventory... so they're sort of like ultra-top level folders and behave like My Inventory and the Library in that they can not be deleted or moved around. Textures and notecards in those folders load fine, but objects will not rez.

I've tried clearing the cache and inventory cache and relogging a couple times now. Is anyone else having this problem? Any way to fix it?

11 answers to this question

Hi Ro!

Never had this problem myself but if it doesn't fix itself I would suggest you contact Support, explain the problem and ask them to repair your Inventory.

If you area Basic member:

Choose the "Submit a Ticket" option
At the bottom of "Tickets for Basic and Guest Accounts", click the "Click here to submit a ticket" link
Use a ticket type of "Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login" / "There was an item in my inventory window, but it isn't working or is missing"

If you are a Premium member:

Submit a ticket ("Technical Issue" / "I've logged in, but there is a problem" / "Inventory")
or Live chat
or Telephone numbers for support

Nyll

For some reason this part was omitted from last message and I cannot edit it so posting this addendum.

If you are a basic member:
At the bottom of "Tickets for Basic and Guest Accounts", click the "Click here to submit a ticket" link
Use a ticket type of "Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login" / "There was an item in my inventory window, but it isn't working or is missing"

Nyll

Having problems with the last message. This part was left out and I can't edit it.

If you are a basic member:

Nyll

Be patient. See this blog entry:

Reduced Support Next Week

Publicado por Maurice Linden en 23-ene-2010 0:53:3

Nextweek, many members of the Linden Lab Customer Relations team will beattending all-day training events.  As a result there will be fewerLindens than normal available to help.  Our inworld governance and anti-fraud efforts will not be affected by the training and will continue as normal.

Sowhat should you expect if you contact Support next week?  Most thingswon't change, but you will notice a few differences.  First, you may bere-directed to tickets more frequently than usual.  Second, our ticketresponses will take a little longer than usual.  We will be triagingtime-sensitive and critical issues to make sure they are addressed in atimely manner.

Once thetraining has concluded, Support will be returning to normal.  It maytake us a few days to work through the ticket backlog, but rest assuredthat will be our top priority.

I was told by an Linden in-world that an issue with the Inventory (folders and objects outside of "My Inventory" is a server side issue and Premium or Basic accounts doesn't matter. Yet according to the support ticket I filed I was told to buy a premium membership in order for them to fix my problem.

Problem is here that some of the items outside of "My Inventory" are no copy..no mod (i.e. 2 of my meeroos are stuck outside my inventory)

I know they (LL) will just delete whatever is stuck, They have fixed inventory issues for me before but now they refuse to unless I go premium.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.