Reporting abusive posts in SLAnswers?

Meade Paravane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have searched but can only find this:

"Reporting Abuse – If you see a post that you think violates our policies or that in some way requires review, please report it by clicking on the ! icon "Report abuse" under Actions. We’ll look at it and take appropriate action as necessary. In the interests of protecting our Residents' privacy, we will not notify you of any action we decide to take. "

I'm not seeing this ! icon or anything that says Report Abuse.

Is it still around? If not, does anybody have a reference on how to call for some moderation?

23 answers to this question

you can just PM lovee Foehammer and they it seems control Lexie Linden so will get me sorted out toutes de suites, not that I give a monkeys

Message was edited by: Kwant Capalini: you know that fat kid in the playground who has a rich daddy and nice sandwiches who REALLY dont like you you taking their slug on rye well well now we know who it is .....................................

Message was edited by: Kwant Capalini: run Forest Run

Moxie waves at Unklebob...you're so kind to the hedgehog...giving  advice on how to report someone making abusive posts...gee you don't suppose the hedgehog is upset about the "finding M Linden's remarks? after you tried to help using google search... Lately i have noticed more and more thin-skinned crybabies running to Mommy to tattle on someone for bruising their fragile ego...   Can't we all just get along, rodney king? xxox

"you're so kind to the hedgehog...giving  advice on how to report someone making abusive posts...gee you don't suppose the hedgehog is upset about the "finding M Linden's remarks?"

I'd give advice on how to report someone even if it was me they wanted to report - live by the sword, die by the sword.   And I might not agree with how an OP might handle some things but i can see where frustration might enter in, and even if anyones attitude went south, doesn't mean mine has to cause then i'm just lowering myself to a level i don't wanna be at.  Unless i'm in a mood too, then i ignore my own rules - its a faith of convienience thing haha.  And hedgehogs are cute, even with the thorns.

I hate posting to an answered thread but to be honest, for the most part SLAnswers is self-moderating.  I know I've answered hundreds for questions since hanging out here.  I've only felt the need to report one thread to Lexie.  She responded the next day by locking the thread and deleting quite a few of the posts that got out of control.

Overall I think the process works.

--Cinn

...for the most part SLAnswers is self-moderating.  I know I've answered hundreds for questions since hanging out here.  I've only felt the need to report one thread to Lexie.  She responded the next day by locking the thread and deleting quite a few of the posts that got out of control.

Overall I think the process works.

I very, very rarely report people. Only blatent & inappropriate cross-posting of ads and people who have totally lost it.

I'm not sure I agree that self-moderation works here, some are drawing quite outside the personal-attacks/PG lines, but I don't spend too much time here. Maybe it's just one of those days.

TY again for the answers.

With all due respect, try counting the number of 'correct' answers happily given by OPs and give due credit to those who's aim is merely to help before we start on the shite out of the simplest of questions route.  I could wonder what "is it worth reporting things" contributes to this question but instead I'll merely and respectfully suggest yes it is and that even the best of us are entitled to off days and offtopic wonderings... its all good shite.  Mostly.

"I very, very rarely report people. Only blatent & inappropriate cross-posting of ads and people who have totally lost it."

I try not to make a habit of it, citing the above as the reason why.  Plus if someone is going to get their butt kicked, it's funnier when they do it to themselves, i don't need to be the device it happens by.  Thankfully it doesn't happen often but once the dust and smoke clears i gotta admit i've met some of the coolest and most passionate people through adversity... i can take the hit to end up at a good place.

lmao, i'm still being ripped apart on that other thread... i'm "intemperate" now... there gets a point where replying is so totally futile.  How on earth can you try helping someone for like hours and hours, even get a Linden involved, totally avoid the petty namecalling, and end up being intemperate.

and if i dare suggested i hate long drawn out drama, they'd call me something else.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/unklebobosaurus/BLOGhumour/WATCHFORICE.jpg

lmao, i'm still being ripped apart on that other thread

I think a number of people have seen you as being both overly defensive and more than a little condescending today. You can take that as the constructive critisism it is if you like or you can say "but i'm not being that way!" if you like. Or you can ignore it. Either way, it's true.

As I've said, the social dynamics here are very different than the old forums. What seems to be the norm here would not be tolerated for long by residents in the old forums. If you want to keep things productive when you know you're talking to people who are used to that environment, you might try keeping that in mind.

"I think a number of people have seen you as being both overly defensive and more than a little condescending today. You can take that as the constructive critisism it is if you like or you can say "but i'm not being that way!" if you like. Or you can ignore it. Either way, it's true. As I've said, the social dynamics here are very different than the old forums. What seems to be the norm here would not be tolerated for long by residents in the old forums. If you want to keep things productive when you know you're talking to people who are used to that environment, you might try keeping that in mind."

If I'm condesending, never let it be said I don't learn from the best... you may bow now.

As far as me being ripped apart, fact is damned if I care... indeed it amazes me 7hrs later they are still going on about it for starters, listening to 'constructive critisism' discussions from people on a forum that doesn't allow for discussion is just gravy.  You yourself were personally attacked, I was one of those who said outright you have a right to opinion and replied advising you on how to file an abuse ticket... and here you are calling ME out, have suggested i'm rude, wondering why i might be slightly on the defensive?  Halllooooo.

You're absolutely right, the dynamics here are different.  Here if I spend numbers hours trying to help, offered support for their cause - in your case the old forums, did nothing but give you the best answers available to me from start right up to your disbelief LL would help your abuse report, rarely would I ever get the above inuendo in 'appreciation' for the effort.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.