Wanted: A Place to Call Home..

Red52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Land Owner - I am interested in buying/renting land for a residence only.  Below are my lists of 'Must-Haves,' 'Preferences,' and 'No Interest' items.  If you can meet most or all of my Must-Haves and Preferences, please send me a list of your available and relevant  properties or a web link on a notecard, as my IM's are capped, or post a reply here.  I can assure you I am a good tenant; quiet and I pay on time (usually early, and a month at a time.)  Thank you for your help!  Red52

MUST-HAVES: Privacy; privacy walls/ borders allowed, or land comes with it; Moderate or Adult rated; Region/ Estate land only; Sailable/ swimmable water on a minimum of one side of parcel; Landscaping allowed; Security Orb allowed; minimum of 2200 prims; Terraforming allowed, with ability to get down to water for pond/ streams; off-sim items allowed; access to friendly and helpful customer service responses usually within 24 hours; Land size: 12,000 sq.m. - 16, 384+ sq.m.;between $2,000L- $3,500L per week rent/tier;

PREFERENCES: Prefer grass, will consider mix of sand/ grass; Sailable/ swimmable  water on more than one side of parcel; prefer Corner parcels, but will consider others if more Must-Haves are included in it; would be interested in Lake/ Forest parcels (same prim/ cost & area) if has sailable/ swimmable water available; Residential only, but will consider Residential/ Light Commercial.

NO INTEREST: no Homesteads; no Skyboxes; no 'Sailable/Swimmable' land that can be created by terraforming parcel after purchase/ rental; no parcels that advertise a number of prims available, but have Owner items on them that are included in prim count.

Make me an offer I can't refuse! :-)

You really making me buy my 1rst Region and have you as tenant...

But its so many years, my love for Mainland that keeps me here..

So, i pass, I just couldn't resist to answer to this post!

As i said, you really "ticklish" me to buy my 1rst Region and have you as a tenant!

You cover all landlord needs:

You KNOW what you want.

You pay on time and by MONTH!

You can wait 24 hours for an answer!

You seeking for approx a quarter SIM , witch isn't pennies.

And what i can say about your name?

its RED ...! ( The color of Welcome)

I really wish you will find what you need, because.. You ASKED for it.

Wiseguy said: We need to ask what we want. Otherwise we will not get it! :D

Cheers, beets!

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/123319

fees.JPG

market buy.JPG

Let's see. 

The OP wants to rent about 1/4 of a region which costs $75.00 a month.

(Actually, if the Land Owner owns the entire SIM it costs them $50.00 per month for that 1/4 SIM but the OP would not be able to get their bucket List on Mainland)

So a Full SIM costs an Estate $300.00 a month, meaning they are paying $75.00 for that 1/4 SIM.

The maximum the OP is willing to pay is $3500L a week which costs $14.12.  $14.12 x 4 weeks = $56.48 a month.

$75.00 - $56.48 = $18.52 less than what the Landlord pays. 

The OP needs to re-think their math.

Ok.. lets do some more math.. :D

Between other numbers, he mentioned he needs 2200 prims.

A Landlord who pays for a Region , pays us$295 and they get 15,000 prims.

So,

US$295 gives 15000 prims

US$1      gives     X?   prims

X= 50.85 (approx)

So,

US$1    gives      50 prims

X?        gives 2200 prims

X= 44

So, if im not mistaken, a Landlord cost will be US$44 for to have our dear OP as a tenant.

Now. lets see what the OP willing to pay.. They say:  2000-3500 Linden.

Ok, so! ( we forget the low part of L$2000 and we examine the L$3.500 part)

If L$3,500 cost to a user US$ 14,12 then we have:

14,12 x 4 = 56.48 That's what the tenant will pay.

So,

Landlord pays USD44

Tenant pays USD56

Mixed Profits: US$12

P.S. I say mixed Profits, because we have to consider that a Landlord doesn't just pay those 295 and its done!

Well, no! It isn't that easy and that profitable as it sounds! They have to pay also USD85 per year for the premium, they pay several expenses in fees because they have to exchange the Lindens to US$ to be able to pay their tier to LL. Plus the taxes they have to be charged from their country ( Oh yes! they pay taxes or they banned) Note here, that a European Landlord pays from 17% to 23% (depending the country) more than any other human on this planet. Its a special tax for Europeans and its called V.A.T. They pay also several linden to advertise them self and to buy all the necessary equipment, something like we call in RL businesses: general Expenses..

And at the end, when a landlord does all that , they loose them tenants, because a spoiled kid decides to spend US$1000 from his Daddy's Credit Card and some more for general expenses and they go out and becoming "One month stand" Landlords as i call them and they brake the market offering Parcels like the OP needs for ridiculous small amounts of L$, which is really great for the OP .. but really a disaster for all the landlords who have invest Time! and money and personal effort for many years with having in mind another purpose than just making money.. maybe .. making the grid more beautiful and live in it! Or simply be part of it, as a honored member of the society..

Cheers to all!

Cheers to the OP for Asking what he wants!

Cheers to Perrie for saying it as it has to be said!

And cheers to me :P cause i refuse to buy Private Regions ( so far)

Wow!  I really am enjoying the conversations, all of the great information, and the math lessons too :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Like Beethros said.. you never know unless you ask....

Don't you all know that all things are possible in a fantasyland?  lol

Thanks for the help,

Red52

Red52 wrote:

Wow!  I really am enjoying the conversations, all of the great information, and the math lessons too :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Like Beethros said.. you never know unless you ask....

Don't you all know that all things are possible in a fantasyland?  lol

Thanks for the help,

Red52

Oh, I'd never say that anything is impossible.

Improbable or unlikely, yes.

But impossible, no.

Some of the mega-landlords pay reduced tier of an amount not publicly disclosed. As a result - for some of them this tenant is profitable. And as a further result; other smaller landlords become unable to compete on a pure financial basis.

Smaller landlords that survive, do so because of theming allowing them to charge more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.