How do I abandon my sim? I no longer can pay.

Crawdad Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

You can just go to "About Land" on your sim and click the "Abandon Land" button.  However, you may want to look at trying to sell it.  Linden will give you nothing if you abandon it, whereas someone may pay you a nominal amount to buy it, even work something out where they "rent" you a small part for free for a set time.  You can also just stop paying tiers, and Linden will just close it down (if it's a private sim - not sure what they do mainland)

If you do abandon it, make sure you give any tenants advanced notice, and get your stuff off first - never know when all your stuff might disappear with the sim!

I'm not sure what transfer costs are if you sell a private sim, but there is a ton of information on the SL wiki that is easy to find.

If its a sim you want to abandon

From the SL Knowledge base

What if I don't want my Estate anymore?

You might consider transferring the Private Regions in your Estate to another person (see below). If you instead decide to simply terminate the ownership of the Estate, please contact us with your Second Life name and the name of the Estate.

Can I transfer my Estate?

Yes. You would need to transfer all of the Private Regions in your Estate to another Resident. See the Private Region Transfer FAQ for more details on Private Region transfer.

• Like 1

If your land is on Mainland (you pay to Linden Lab), see the first ansrer for Torlya about "Abandon Land".

If you are the owner of a whole region, see the second answer for Murdock about transfer regions.

But if your are renting land on a prrivate region (you pay to a resident, not to Linden Lab) it is enouh that you don't pay the nex fee. It's a good idea advive to the owner.

It's difficult be more specific iy you don't explain if you are in mainland, private region, pay to Linden Lab or to a owner...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.