looking for a decent prices mesh artist for dress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Racia Fiertze wrote:

yes people do pay 60+ for a video game.... a WHOLE video game... not just 60$+ for one shirt in a game if he was selling me a whole line of clothing i could understand... but 100$ for 1 shirt is a little too much in my book

Thats what people usually dont understand about custom/uniques, when you buy that videogame, for example, your buying a full product that is sold for hundread thousands of people only to cover its cost, thats why you can buy it for $60, but when you do a custom it is like getting in that game company and asking them to make a full videogame only for you in the way you want, i bet the price will be a lot higher than 60 in this case,  i come across this kind of misunderstanding often because im a custom developer myself, so it is always good to explain the difference

Diogetz Barbosa wrote:

Racia Fiertze wrote:

yes people do pay 60+ for a video game.... a WHOLE video game... not just 60$+ for one shirt in a game if he was selling me a whole line of clothing i could understand... but 100$ for 1 shirt is a little too much in my book

Thats what people usually dont understand about custom/uniques, when you buy that videogame, for example, your buying a full product that is sold for hundread thousands of people only to cover its cost, thats why you can buy it for $60, but when you do a custom it is like getting in that game company and asking them to make a full videogame only for you in the way you want, i bet the price will be a lot higher than 60 in this case,  i come across this kind of misunderstanding often because im a custom developer myself, so it is always good to explain the difference

Finally someone said something about that. I was about to post this too. I sell mesh avatars and I've had many people ask for a custom avatar and when I gave them the price for it, they asked why its so high and thought L$200 would of been fine since thats what most of my avatars in my store sell for. There is a huge difference between creating your own design and selling it to many costumers in a store vs. making a custom order off someone else's design for them. Many don't also seem to understand that pixels are still art. People pay hundreds for just a tiny simple looking logo. What they are paying for is the design not the pixels.

Its funny I had just seen this comic strip recently too :)http://37.media.tumblr.com/8fb81a6b67e0d7df5369f46e9683336b/tumblr_mrjsboZbbf1qhze5no1_r1_500.jpg

Also, I am curious about how the dress is coming along as well, rigging clothing is not as easy as rigging a mesh avatar since clothing has to be rigged correctly to the SL avatar. Its also more difficult to weight paint.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.