Inventory matching between AGNI and ADITI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An issue that has been lve for several months in the community boards has been the on-going issue of inventory failing to sync between main grid and beta. It would be great to know what steps are being take to address this to support the creators who rely on Beta as a way to test their creations in development and who ultimately play an important role in fuelling the sl economy - :-)

The inventory has never matched between AGNI and ADITI. That is part of the point :D and why you see folks walking around in 2007 garb on the beta grid.

You TEST on ADITI and then when your test works you REUPLOAD onto AGNI. It saves upload fees on testing.

If you need past inventory on ADITI you can (in theory I only did this once) change your password and then in 24 hours or so you can get in again with an updated inventory. It only goes ONE way however.

If you would instantly have all your ADITI files at AGNI The Lab would loose all its upload money (insert that OMG emocon that I love so much on another forum).

If this had changed I would guess we would ALL know about it so I can't imagine it has.

EDIT: IF you are talking about scripts working on ADITI and not on  AGNI etc then more info would be helpful. This is not a Linden Lab board however and it is very unlikely that they will see you post. And unless it has changed support will very seldom help with Beta Grid issues.

The change password and allow 24 hours (or so) for the two inventories to synch has not been

working for some time...there are a number of comments regarding it elsewhere on the forums :(

Its not the uplaoding that bothers me - its not having access to my newest inworld tools.

The Lindens are aware of the problem. But, file a JIRA bug report with all the details you can provide. You might also try attending the Beta Server User Group meeting held Thursdays at 3 PM SLT  in Morris, ADITI. Mention the problem. I am certain someone there will be mentioning it. But the meetings are small and the problem scope may not be making an impression on the Lindens, so the more the better.

There is some small chance  one of the Lindens will manually force an update for you. Don't hold your breath. But, it has been known to happen. As best I can tell this is something the Lindens do on their own time, if they have the time.

Is someone working on fixing it? I'm not sure how you define 'working on it', but yes. I suspect it is on the list of things to fix. Where it may be in the cue and whether other things are moving ahead of it and how many is hard to know.

I don't expect a fix anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.