Sign in to follow this  
VaIentine

Sit and Win - Against TOS or Not?

LL cracked down on items that promote traffic. But were very selective in the process. They allow items like Lucky Chairs, and Midnight Boards. But not Camping chairs that make you sit for a period of time and then get a prize.

We have had many requests for customers in our store to add a Sit and Win unit in the store. Which we are concidering. 

The title sounds like it may be a camping unit, but it really promotes others to bring friends to the store. The item is given when the last customer sit at the table. And has no time requirement to get the prize.

When searching for one of these units, we got many people telling us they were illegal in SL. However, we have not found any information in the LL TOS that mentions this product. 

If anyone has any further information, please share. Thank You!  

Vaientine and Shake Krovac

"We didn't feel that it made sense for us to try to define every single object that might be used to this effect. If we had said camping chairs were disallowed then camping swings would replace them, then camping trees, giant mushrooms, unicorns and so on. Instead we are making it clear that the deliberate gaming of Search, if we see it taking place, will be something we take action on. We know there will be some perfectly legitimate uses of chairs, and we'll be as fair as we can be when looking into these cases."  

Jack Linden (pops)

There were never any specific objects banned, but how they were used.

For instance, chairs being populated with "bots."

Or, "...someone....who has 50 chairs on a platform above their store."

I'm not even going to try to reread through all the comments back then.

Last time I looked at this (a few years ago after the crackdown on "gaming search", so apologies if info is out of date) the consensus was that you would be fine using any of these devices, as long as the parcel they were on was not set to show in search.

So you could cut out a small parcel under the chairs themselves, set it to not show in search, and you'd be fine.

I know of several places that have the "Sit & Win" machine in their stores.  When I had an inworld store, I went looking for one also.  I found out that the maker pulled the item and no longer sells them.  I don't know why.  So, as far as *I* know, you cannot get one of them any longer and the only ones inworld now, are the ones purchased from him before he stopped selling them.  :matte-motes-frown: