I'm stuck at a step in trying to upload/create clothing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've slowly been figuring out how to modify clothing etc. using GIMP. I've done all the saving, exporting etc. I've importing into SL with Firestorm. I've done the create alpha and put that onto it.  Now I'm stuck at what to do next.  From what I can find, I'm supposed to upload a model? However I'm getting an error message when I do so to use Firestorm and not an open something another.  Odd since I'm using Firestorm to start with.  How do I get what I want into actual clothing now?

Thank you!!

MysticDraggy :)

Two types of clothing in SL.

System clothes made from textures that get applied to the avatar's body sort of like paint.

Mesh clothing (rigged or fitted) that is made in a 3D program, exported as a dae file and uploaded using the mesh uploader.

It is very difficult to tell from your discription just what kind of clothing you are trying to upload. An error message or screen shots would help.

IF it is texture clothing and you uploaded a TEXTURE that you want to become cloths, then you make a new item . There is a + button at the bottom of your inventory pane down by your inventory number. Click that and choose " New Clothes" and then whatever item you want to make -- like New Shirt. Then WEAR that "new shirt" and modify it using the editing window and dragging you texture into the texture pane. You can also tint and such there.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.