i cant stop my mouse look from drifting

MaggieHelix99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

it goes up and down left and right on its own while in mouselook, ive tryed messing with my UI that didnt work from what i read on the web in 3rd person its fine but in 1st it gets a mind of its own and i can sit there and spin in a circle with out hitting any buttions

lenovo y510p gaming laptop, firestorm, wifi. 

5 answers to this question

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

----------

I'm not sure what you mean by drifting. Your camera generally moves with your avatar. In 3rd person you can click on an object and your camera will then move eith that object. But, you can't do that in mouse-look/1st person. If the mouse moves or the avatar moves the camera moves.

In the main SL viewer my camera is rock steady in mouselook at ground level, as long as the avatar does not move and I don't move the mouse.

I have the same problem. I go into mouselook and when my hand isn't on the mouse and the mouse ins't moving, the camera just... slides to the side, or slides up, or slides down, whatever. I've cleaned the mouse, changed the batteries and just hooked up a brand new mouse five minutes ago. The old viewer it never did drift, and this is a real problem for people who do combat.

I started having the same issue*:  When I move my mouse a tiny bit, and then stop, the view would continue to drift in the direction I moved.  I found this post from 2006 which helped me solve the issue.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/108/cc/135410/1.html

Apparently the drifting is tied to the UI size setting.  Preferences -> User Interface -> General, UI Scalling.

Mine was set to 1.0; when I changed it to 0.98 or 0.95, the drifting stopped. When I increased the number to 1.02 or 1.05, the drifting still occurred.

* I recently upgraded to windows 10, that's when I noticed the drifting.

Firestorm 4.7.3 (47323) Aug 18 2015 03:46:39 (Firestorm-Releasex64) with OpenSimulator support

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (2594 MHz)
Memory: 8116 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 10240)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.