Building Classes/Groups?

Leigh Baily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been in SL now for a year, enjoying everything there is to enjoy.  Lately though, a friend of mine and myself have started to become interested in how things are made, how to build and create.  My question though is, where do we start?  We are beginners and from what I have seen so far there is tons of different groups but, does anyone have ones that they would recommend that is good for beginners?  Also any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance for any help. 

6 answers to this question

Hi Leigh,

The one of the best (according to me) groups which I know is New Citizen Inc. Type NCI in Search ---> Events and New Citizen Inc. in Search ---> Groups. There are many other groups which help and provide classes just type key words like building, classes in Search---> Groups.

Good luck with building. It is fun.

Id

I have searched for some video tutorials which may be helpful in this case:

-

-

- I should mention the Ivory Tower of Primitives as good starting spot for beginners

- and much more video tutorials of Torley Linden which are on youtube, have a look there

I hope tutorials will be helpful for you. Don't afraid to ask other builders questions. They are usually friendly and can help.

• Like 1

I agree with this. The NCI classes are a good starting point, and they can help even when you've already done some building, making connections that you maybe haven't noticed. Plus the advantage of a live tutor guiding hands-on building exercises.

Pretty well all you have to do to find NCI is do a Map Search for Kuula. Look on the west side of the read, north of the bridge, and there are usually some folk there.

They also run many events, competitive and social. Since you've been on SL for more than 90 days, you won't qualify as a newcomer. And the occasional Scrabble games are pretty intense. Maybe there are things you can contribute to, as well as what you want to learn. I shall be at the TGIF dance today, so check the Schedule board (1920s/1930s music, if that matters.)

Sadly, they only let me mark only one answer as correct and 2 as helpful.  Everyone has given me some great information and a terrific point to start from.  Thank you so much for the info and we will be seeing you soon, attempting to create things that are recognizable. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.