servers troubles?

Shania Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok one questio. I s there trouble on the servers again? I had troubles logging in all day. when I'm in, i either  have no groups in my list or crash while trying to tp to othersplaces. I'm using the  new firestorm third part viewer  32 bits.

I saw there was maintenance today, so  i'm wondering if  something wasn't done right. Or maybe it's the fact i'm not using the opensim  32 bits  firestorm viewer?

I think it is clear now that there are serious issues that need to be sorted concerning the Log in and primary asset servers and to that end, Linden Lab have taken the, in recent terms, unprecedented steps of effectively closing SecondLife next Thursday the 22nd at 7am PDT, for about one hour.

Many have complained that LL needed to "bite the Bullet" and do this...now they are going to do this and not before time.

See the post on the Grid Status Page:

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on May 16th, 2014 at 06:45 am PDT

[Posted 2:15 PM PDT, 15 May 2014] The Second Life Service will be closed for logins for approximately one hour on Thursday, 22 May beginning at 7am PDT.

Residents in world will not be logged out, but will experience loss of supporting services such as search and inventory. New logins will not be accepted, and Residents in world should not attempt to transfer or manipulate L$ or valuable (no-copy) assets until the ALL CLEAR is given.

As always, if the scope or the schedule of the work changes, we will update this post.

Yesterday I started experiencing serious problems, especially crashes after teleporting and after each attempt to access the "actions on selected person" function/button. The worst thing is that after one of these crashes I had an important inventory loss: although I can't say an exact number, I lost near 1000 items from my inventory. You can imagine that it represent an economical important loss too. Today, may the 17th, I am in the same situation and nobody is giving info...I am rather disappointed....

loggin keeps saying cant connect to a simulator  even tho it is a simulator  and it sometime goes to  waiting fer  region handshake and the shut down and say wait  for  few minutes  or try tp to ur home sime   both these  options are  not  activating  my sl  so i check my  homepage and it says status active  so  why  do i get  to  be  no loggin  tho not banned  from loggin on secondlife

The worst for me is that it seem that those  ''unscheduled'' maintenance seem to happen more frequently. Maybe it's a false impression, of course. And maybe LL ought to think about doing something when there is a majot goof up. I know they're a serious big bussiness but if you gonna inconvenience your patronsat least give a sort of apology and don't act as if you're their drug dealer and don't care.

I know.. some will say they care cause they're actually working on the issue. But how many  hours  after the trouble was found did they start working on it? If power go out in rl, the electric companies don't wait 8 hours to start working on it, they do it right away.

Shania Adder wrote:

The worst for me is that it seem that those  ''unscheduled'' maintenance seem to happen more frequently. Maybe it's a false impression, of course. And maybe LL ought to think about doing something when there is a majot goof up. I know they're a serious big bussiness but if you gonna inconvenience your patronsat least give a sort of apology and don't act as if you're their drug dealer and don't care.

I know.. some will say they care cause they're actually working on the issue. But how many  hours  after the trouble was found did they start working on it? If power go out in rl, the electric companies don't wait 8 hours to start working on it, they do it right away.

The electric company won't try and mention it until they have to though. On top of that depending on where you live electric can be so far go it takes hours, days, or WEEKS for it to come back. I've had power go out in my house (rural pennsyvania) for a week before. Depends on the issue. LL usually fixes it in a relatively short time as far as these things go so this issue must be rather large.

As far as there being more mainence then usual. I haven't noticed it. Seems the same as always really.Once or twice a week.

For the last couple months the unscheduled and scheduled maintenance has been much much more frequent. For a week or two everything is fine then there is a week of sheduled and/or unscheduled maintenance. I have never see this happen for so long in my four years of being a part of SL. Since there is constant shceduled maintenance proceeded by unshceduled I would have to guess that they know things are falling apart. Things are just breaking down before they get to the scheduled fixes. Maybe the servers are getting old and need replacing? Maybe it's some other part of the system? It would be nice if there was a notice made to tell why this is happening so often or how long they think it will take to get the overall issue fixed but I wouldn't count on it. I can't remember ever seeing a notice put out saying why something broke or that there will be an extended time of updating systems so plan on things being a mess now and then for the next few months. We are all just at their mercy and have to deal with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.