Confused about the premium membership and the tier

Haven Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys:

I have bought some land on the mainland and I was trying to educate myself on the nature of the tier system. I noticed that if you own 512 square meters of land it is $5.00 US. This is about the amount I would pay for the premium account if I owned only the linden house. It also said that when I became a premium member I got the linden house for free. I became a bit confused.

Is the price for the premium account subsumed in the price of the tier, or do we still pay for the premium account separately? I am at then$75.00 US tier level. Will I still be charged the price of the premium account?

Thanks,

Xen

3 answers to this question

Xendoras wrote:

Hi guys:

I have bought some land on the mainland and I was trying to educate myself on the nature of the tier system. I noticed that if you own 512 square meters of land it is $5.00 US. This is about the amount I would pay for the premium account if I owned only the linden house. It also said that when I became a premium member I got the linden house for free. I became a bit confused.

Is the price for the premium account subsumed in the price of the tier, or do we still pay for the premium account separately? I am at then$75.00 US tier level. Will I still be charged the price of the premium account?

Thanks,

Xen

The premium account fee is separate but it includes 512 square meters of tier, which can be either used for land or a Linden Home. Tier feels are for additional land. At the $75 level you will be able to own up to the square meters listed in the table in addition to the 512 square meters that's included in your premium fee. The premium fee is fixed; you can go up and down with additional tier levels if you like.

You should bear in mind that if you go up to a tier and end releasing enough land that would mean you could get by at a lower tier level you have to reduce your tier level manually by going to your account page - it won't lower automatically.

• Like 1

Ciao a tutti!

Mi sono iscritta da poco su second life. Credevo fosse bello, ma non mi sembra tanto divertente.

Non ci capisco nulla. Non per la lingua,ma per non so cosa, non so cosa devo fare, lo so che non c'è un obiettivo preciso, ma io su second life non ci capisco nulla. 

Che posso fare su second life?

Cos'è che lo rende bello?

A voi piace?

Kelly161

Hello!

I'm Italian.

I don't speak English.

What is Second Life?

I don't like Second Life.

What can I do in Second Life?

Do you like Second Life? 

Kelly161

: Opaco-promuove-compiaciuta::cathappy:

Theresa is absolutely correct, but I will say the same thing in a different way, in case you are still confused.

Your Premium membership is paid monthly, quarterly, or annually.  It gives you the right to own Mainland.  It also gives you the right to get a free Linden Home, OR to purchase up to 512 sq. m. of Mainland without being charged a monthly tier fee.

If you want to own more Mainland (and most do), then you purchase a larger piece of land and pay tier on it.  Tier goes in steps, so for example if you own:

1024 m2 - pay $5 per month (your free 512 plus another 512)

1536 m2 - pay $8 per month (your free 512 plus another 1024)

1537 m2 - Oops!  You are one square meter over your tier level, and jump to the next higher tier.  Pay $15 per month (up to 2048 m2)

2048 m2 - Pay $15 per month

up to 2560 m2 - pay $15 per month (your free 512 plus another 2048)

and so on!  All of the above examples do not include your Premium membership dues, which is a separate charge.

The more land you own within a single region, the more objects you can have in that region.  That's measured in "Land Impact" or L.I.  You can think of this as roughly equal to the number of prims in your objects.  on 512 m2, you can have objects with a L.I. of 117.  On a full region, you can have up to 15,0000 L.I.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.