Am I allowed to do this? Buy dae and change it up in blender? and sell with full perm

Conceded

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here's something you might want to consider should you decide to go the approval route as you've described it... you might want to limit the amount of times a person can submit a mesh for approval.

Otherwise, someone who's mesh you've rejected, might think it's perfectly alright to make minimal changes, then resubmit it over and over again, until you give in.  Even if only a small percentage were to be so callous, you could quickly be up to your eyeballs in looking over other people's mesh, to the point where you'd have no time to work on your own.

...Dres

Good point Dres! :smileyhappy:
I hadn't thought about that.

I have definitely experienced customers needing a lot more help than I had originally thought they would.  I have spent hours in world and on Skype helping them.  I think my record is 5 or 6 hours on Skype helping a single customer but to be fair they were helping me as much as I was helping them.  Some of the problems they were having were technical bugs I hadn't foreseen.  

Luckily I really enjoy helping people and solve problems.  We got everything figured out and I was able to improve my product heading off future similar issues.  That and by the time we were done I really considered the customer a friend.  This has happened actually quite a few times.

But your point is definitely well taken.  If I get 10 people all submitting minor changes over and over again and I spend 2 hours dealing with each one that is 20 hours down the drain.

I am thinking instead of a limited number of submissions maybe more of a warning system or time outs.  I definitely have to give this some more thought.  

I love to hear any ideas you have on it or  any other potential problems you see. :D
I really appreciate your input. :D

I think that if you buy a full perm item that includes a .dae file and a clear TOS like the one it was posted here by the OP, then its unethical to resale derivates in full perm mode. Usually .dae files are given away so merchants that buy templates can so several things with them, like bake textures, upload the mesh in their names, add details and modifications if the skills are enough. But obviously they arent meant to be resold full perm, I think otherwise it will state it in the TOS. Something around the lines of: Do whatever wih these files. By the OP saying that it spend a week working on the derivate of the mesh I have two conclusions. One, if you have a week to spend working on a mesh, then start a new one. Two, if it took you a week to change a mesh, then perhaps you are not skilled enough to sell templates and therefore you shoudnt use other people work as a starter for your own projects. And I really think that if you need to ask that its ok to make it, its probably because it isnt most of the times

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.