What does "Connection Closed" mean?

AliceWondergirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been trying to view profiles and when the profile page opens it doesnt load.   Instead it sits for about a minute then says "Connection Closed".     What does that even mean?

I also can't access my.secondlife.com.    I keep getting a error message saying that it cant connect to the site, but I can go anywhere else on the web I want to.

Can someone please explain what the message "Connection Closed" while trying to look at profiles mean???    Thank you.

Thank you for taking time to let me know.    But I have alts and it affects all of them not just my main account.    What I was really interested in is just finding out what "Connection Closed" actually meant.

2 answers to this question

It means what is says ;) A connection was closed due to some issues between your PC and the server that hosts the profiles. The reason for that can be many things. Like a timeout for the request "I want to see the profile", a anti virus software or by a firewall. Or simply a bug on the server side. Oh, if you wonder why the rest of the internet still works... the internet is not made linear/serial, but all works parrallel, and if you open a site or even SL, there are many connections open. And if you want to access the profiles another connection is opened. But gets closed for some reason mentioned above. Since all your accounts can't access profiles you might need to test what cause that. Try to restart your DSL modem/router and if that has no use, try to disable the firewall and antivirus one after the other. But only test the profiles while the anti virus is off and also don't start any other software that access the internet.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.