My account will not log out

Jordiw Bellic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

*waves greetings*

k, your avatar is whats called "ghosted" inworld due to a logout that didn't quite happen properly... it happens on the odd occasion.

one solution is to turn your modem off, disconnect the wires from the back of the modem totally disconnenting it... leave it like that for 10ish seconds, plug everything back in, turn it back on... restart your computer (this resets the modem and intenet link) and try logging in.

if still no joy send in a support ticket noting what i've highlighted in red, mention that your avatar is ghosted inworld even though you've logged out.

best of luck 

Tickets for Basic and Guest Accounts

Some issues are best resolved by submitting a ticket to our support staff, but we don't currently offer full support ticket access to Basic account holders or Guests (visitors who don't yet have Second Life® accounts). We're sorry; there are just too many of you for us to handle in a way that would make you happy.  It's something we're working on.

Basic account holders and Guests can, however, use special options in the Submit a Ticket area to reach our support staff for certain common questions or problems.

Be sure to use the Special Questions - Basic Account or Guest Login ticket type from the dropdown list when entering the information requested.

icons_parature_caution.jpg Important: Many of the ticket choices explained below have additional fields that you need to fill in before submitting the ticket. If you supply us with as much relevant information as possible, we will be better able to help you.

Basic account holders and Guests can submit tickets for the following issues:

• Account issue: Use these if you're having a problem creating or logging into their account.
    • I can't create an account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I have a password problem: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I get an error message that my account is Disabled: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • The system says my account is Disabled or Suspended: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I can't login inworld with my account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I can't login to Secondlife.com with my account: Let us know if you're having login problems on the Second Life website. Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I believe someone else has logged into my account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • Cancel/Un-Cancel Account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • Manual Age Verification: Use this if you're having trouble getting your age verified through standard means.
  • Region is offline: Tell us if a Region inworld is down.
  • Estate manager (w/Basic acct) needing rollback: If you're an Estate manager and you have a Basic account, and you need to request a rollback, use this.
  • I can't add a payment method: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
  • I have an issue regarding VAT charges: Submit one of these if you have an issue or question about VAT (Value-Added Tax).
    • I have a general VAT question: Ask us a general VAT-related question with this ticket.
    • I'm having VAT Exemption problems: Let us know if you think you should be exempt from VAT charges, but are having problems verifying it.
    • I am being charged VAT but I shouldn't be: Tell us if you're being charged VAT, but have valid reasons to believe you shouldn't be, or you're being charged the wrong amount of VAT.
  • LindeX Tier Review: Ask for a review of your billing and trading limits on the LindeXâ„¢.
  • Bank registration submission: Use this ticket if you want to operate an inworld bank and need to register.
  • Contact the Linden Dept of Public Works: Use this ticket if you want to contact the Linden Department of Public Works.
  • Submissions for I-World Expo: Use this ticket if you're submitting something for the next I-World Expo.
  • I can't log in to my Teen Second Life account: Tell us if you're a member of Teen Second Life and having problems logging in.
  • I had rezzed an object inworld, but it has disappeared and I cannot find it: Let us know if you've lost an object inworld that was rezzed.
  • There was an item in my inventory window, but it isn't working or is missing: Tell us if you've lost or are experiencing problems with an object in your inventory.
  • Xstreet login problem -Basic users should select Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login from the Ticket Type dropdown and then Xstreet login problem.

When you're logged in as a Basic account holder or Guest, you should only use the Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login ticket type.  Any other support ticket submitted by a Basic account or Guest login will be ignored, except for Knowledge Base suggestions made through the Feedback ticket type (tickets of this type should be actual suggestions for improvements to the Knowledge Base).

Click here to submit a ticket.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.