Invisable Avatars Spying

Michaell Aragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have heard that it is possible for someone to follow you around Sl, as you travel from sim to sim. Also, that is possible for them to be not only invisable,but to not show on the mini-map or radar. Is this true? And is it something anyone can do, or only special powers granted to Linden avis?I know there is no real privacy in SL, and that even your chat and IMs are accesible to the Lindens, except those encrypted by the Emerald viewer, but  can anyone spy on somebody this way? The question arises from a conversation I had with someone who was being followed around and harrassed, and did not know what to do about it.

" I have heard that it is possible for someone to follow you around Sl, as you travel from sim to sim. Also, that is possible for them to be not only invisable,but to not show on the mini-map or radar. Is this true? And is it something anyone can do, or only special powers granted to Linden avis?I know there is no real privacy in SL, and that even your chat and IMs are accesible to the Lindens, except those encrypted by the Emerald viewer, but  can anyone spy on somebody this way? The question arises from a conversation I had with someone who was being followed around and harrassed, and did not know what to do about it."

No. despite some of the claims made here......it is not possible to 'follow a person from sim to sim'. Lindens specifically removed the ability to do this quite some time ago. I have heard claims that it 'can' be done if one operates a certain tool within a very short time ( seconds ) of a person teleporting, but I have never seen this substantiated.

Yes..it is possible to be 'invisible'. One can even change one's avatar name as it appears in other people's radar. But, a green dot will still appear on the map. Lindens appear to have the ability to rez without a green dot appearing.......as I have myself observed on one ocassion when a sim issue was fixed.

Also, such following about and harassing of a person as you describe would constitute a violation of TOS, though probably quite hard to prove. If a person is simply at the regular sims one goes to......one can't really report them for having the same interests.

I had similar problems, but it looks like the problem is my bad connection. Sometimes, I receive chat conversations, even if I cannot see anybody on the map or around me or I receive chat messages with a delay of several minutes. One day, I tried to meet with a good friend high in the sky, but it was imposible to find that person, even if we used the same coordinates. He could see me, I couldn't. Only on radar I could see him, first as an ^, then as an x when we were nearly at the same high.

I had these problems only in busy places, with many residents, many scripts and buildings.

Spying is, anyway, not difficult. If you use a body tattoo with 100% alpha and detach all your attachments, you will be invisible (except for the name and the radar green dot). With the camera control (and maybe a new account), nobody will know who you are.

Anyway, I don't know if Lindens can listen to our conversations, but I don't think they do it. They have no reason for this. SL is not a dictatorship and what we chat and do is NOT so important. They are interesed in making profit from operating this site.

THE LIFE IS GREEN AND A BEAUTIFUL GAME

Yes a sl players avatar can be un able to be detected by useing a scripted animation to hold there avatars body and rader point just out side the sim iland no radar detection and the name tag gos to so you can't see them at all the only thing that can not be hidden is the mic dot unless the turn off there mic under there viewer settings then no one but admin manager or some one with a scane hud can detect them here is a web link to a real working object that dos some thing like this and it will hide your tag and works any were

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Official-Invisibility-Cloak/4054392?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.