No action taken on multiple harrassment abuse reports filed

Savaj Laryukov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have filed numerous abuse reports against an individual for harrassment and the posting of my real world information and NOTHING is ever done. Here are a few things I have endured at the hands of this dirtbag. I have filed an abuse report each time and each time, no action was taken against him.

• Created an alt, filling the accompanying profile with my home address and my real life picture in which he photoshopped a bullet hole in my head.
  • Editted and an totally fabricated IMs, causing me to be banned on parcels that I have never even have set foot on.
  • Posted URLs to my websites.
  • Distributed notecards with names of people and claimed were my alts.
  • Created groups with a name containing a portion of my RL name, like W____hole.
  • Told friends that I have been forced to move because I lost my RL home.
  • And last night, he distributed a notecard with the web address for the Sexual Offender's Registry in my local area, insinuating that I am on it.

These are  just the tip of the iceberg.  I have muted this cretin yet he continues the harassment and I am SICK of it and Linden Lab's indifference and non-action against it.  I have also filled out support tickets because the Abuse reports were totally ignored. What further recourse do I have to stop this childish actions by this individual who is obviously breaking several terms of the TOS?

Sorry to hear about this person and how he has treated you Savaj..I

It is against the law and against the LL TOS to distribute any information of RL nature about another individual unless he/she has given consent to do so. (its known as the privacy act unless you are FBI, CIA, or Homeland security etc)

Second I would suggest doing as the others have said and contact the authorities with all the information you have..and to also look into why LL has not done anything to help you rectify this situation...being within SL is 1 thing but when RL boundaries have been overstepped, then LL should be held accountable also.

Thank you thomas and others who have submitted constructive ideas. I am taking the advice offered here. The nice thing about people like this is they build a house of lies and eventually it all comes crashing down. Give them enough rope and they hang themselves. I am not going to engage into a battle of words with these people. I will let the authorities settle matters. Nothing will be resolved within the confines of this blog and the more they post, the more they will illuminate just what kind of people they are.

Thanks Again,

Savaj

My 2cents worth before I totally avoid this thread in it's entirety.  What was going on inworld obviously sucks, why you'd want to bring it here to the forum god only knows, the fact this isn't the place for it (as if inworld was either) should be painfully as obvious to you as it is to everyone who reads this... so lick your wounds, go your seperate ways, grow the hell up if you need to and stop dropping YOUR drama on our doorsteps.  How old are you people?

Idiots abound, get used to it... the only people who listen to idiots are bigger idiots.  It amazes me that 'adults' actually do the things described here, it blows me away even more there are people who'd take that seriously and react to it... if it were my 8yr old roommates kid i'd slap him upside if his head.

I very well could be wrong but the only thing your achieving here is making yourselves look foolish, all involved.  Feel free to diss me if the need arises, my sympathies are with all of you though with the genuine hope you address your issues cause SL shouldn't be about this.

First of all, don't blame the victim.  No one knows for sure what happened unless they were actually there.

Why should he/she leave SL?  What if they have a business in SL?  If They were being harassing in RL would you tell them to close their place of business?

To those posting names and making accusations, shame on you!

Linden Lab does not protect people being harassed in Second Life.  If they do not action it, why even have the catagory on the abuse report form?  They are quick to action someone who does harmless stuff like covering adult content in the public PG sandboxes, yet nothing for people being abused and harassed?  Seems a little unbalanced there.

For almost two years now, I too have been harassed by a Second Life "peacekeeping group."  These people have spread lies and nastiness about me via group notices, notecards, during meetings, to my friends, on their private wiki and message board and have now posted a 20-something page diatribe on an external website, including the Cease and Desist Letter I sent to one of their member's email that includes my county of residence, which could possibly endanger my safety.

about 5 months ago, I muted them, removed them from my friends list, banned them from my parcel and attempted to have no contact whatsoever, yet it continues.

I have filed multiple abuse reports, filed a support ticket which was subsequently closed with no action.  I re-opened the ticket a short time later with new evidence and waited two months for an answer, until the "system" closed the ticket saying I had not responded.  This is a pitiful example of the incompetence at Linden Lab in regard to harassment.

I'm now working with law enforcement to get this resolved, but why should I have to?  It could have stopped at the LL level.

There's a great website full of information for anyone being harassed online.
http://www.wiredsafety.org/index.html

This "blog" is called "Answers" which I was not getting anywhere else. Most people have been very helpful. There will always be "forum dwellers" who need to add their two cents.

"the only people who listen to idiots are bigger idiots"

Thank you for making your own point. You seem to revel in it.

1,644 posts since
Sep 26, 2009

You are entirely correct.  All those people who are now replying saying you brought it upon youself and all that... we need more of them here, you're right, they indeed should bring it all to this forum to take shots at you for merely asking a question on a questions and answers forum - I stand corrected with thanks.  As a manager of a club myself I'd never ban someone on something as flimsy as a notecard i know full well could be faked, I prefer to judge people based on their actions, not someone elses opinion of that person... what was I thinking.  How dare I suggest otherwise and that shouldn't happen, to anyone... colour me an idiot for thinking that and whats going on is a little inane.  I can live with that knowing i'm on the right side of things.

infamous quote:    Its just a game...nobody REALLY gets hurt do they?????

griefer type4:

4. Intimidators, what I call babygriefers, dragging with them their rl inadequancies, they come on here to regain some sort of control by way of a virtual Tyrannicy, not caring about the mental anguish they cause to the "real" person behind the avator.

depending on where u live u may be able to file criminal charges...it sounds like a clear case of cyber stalking which is illegal in most states now...this might even qualify as terrorist threatening and then it would be against federal laws too, see a lawyer as soon as possible & call ur local police dept and ind out what can be done...if u live in a bigger city they prolly have a division thats specializes in cyber bullies & stalkers...this nutter may try something in RL...ppl that do this are crazy and need to be dealt with...if LL banned the offending account thats not going to stop it... it would only be adding fuel to the fire and could put u at more risk of real danger

I find it very irritating that something that is a very big problem for some people in Sl now seems to have been made into biatch fest mockery. I went throug more than 3 years of hell with a nut case in sl doing everything and anything possible to mke my life hell. Yes I recreated several times in fact but was always found through friends.  I took matters into my own hands after death threats amongst other things were sent regarding my children so please dont make this thread into a he said she said slanging match. LL need to do more to help people suffering abuse in sl and when threads turn into a boxing match it really isnt going to help.

If the person in this thread is the one hounding you then MUTE them and ignore their comments in this thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.