Sign in to follow this  
Ziggy21 Slade

Music Streaming Problem - is there a way to do this?

Question

Use a free Shoutcast account to broadcast it from Winamp on your desktop. Follow the instructions from shoutcast.com, they've got the download links and all instructions there. Then, set the radio URL of your About Land, Media tab to the Shoutcast URL of your account. This will stream your playlist into your store.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Use a free Shoutcast account to broadcast it from Winamp on your desktop. Follow the instructions from shoutcast.com, they've got the download links and all instructions there. Then, set the radio URL of your About Land, Media tab to the Shoutcast URL of your account. This will stream your playlist into your store.

• Like 1

I've found that Winamp does do a good job, but it does leave a small gap between tracks. For completely seemless streaming you would need a piece of software called SAM Broadcaster. However, that's not cheap. If i remember right, it costs somewhere in the region of $300 (thats US, not L$).

Although it's it's pre-mixed & saved off as 1 file. Winamp should be able to cope nicely

The gaps is a Winamp problem. Of course SAM is the perfect tool for streaming, but more expensive. There is a plugin for Winamp, called Nullsoft Crossfading Output. Might want to check it out.

That is a matter of "how to stream music in SL". There's a huge number of guides of "how to do it" in world, just drop by any shoutcast rental store and there you'll find guides on how to stream music in your parcel using the most popular encoders (the programs you use to transmit music from your comp, being the most popular winamp, SAM and Virtual DJ).

However, and to cut it short, if you use an encoder to stream music on your parcel (and using the media settings of SL), you'll transmit the piese as you'd hear it on your comp, so if it's just a block of 2 hours, it'll be 2 full hours sounding on your store.

Sending you a guide of how to stream with winamp in-world, and Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you Emma,

Thanks all for the replies, just to reiterate, I know how to stream music to my parcel, my problem is as stated above and below.

One big track means people arriving at different times will hear different things (hoping some of my chums will hang around for a bit you see)

Lots of little tracks means lots of little gaps.

Will check out the software mentioned, anymore good ideas gratefully accepted.

Actually SAM could be the one as it has a free 14 day trial YAY!

Also from the SAM website...

Easy payment plan

Purchase SAM Broadcaster with our easy-payment-plan! 3 installments of $99.00 per month. With each payment you will receive a key that extends your SAM Broadcaster license for another 35 days. After 3 payments you receive a FULL SAM Broadcaster key that will never expire.

I wish more software companies would do that.

Another way to do this in the free Winamp (or any music player)  is to get another free program, Audacity, and chop the different tunes into one big tune, save and play.  There will be no space between tracks then, because it's one huge track!  Audacity is a wonderful music tool.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ , if you're interested!