No response to my item never being recieved!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

05/07/2014 02:40:10   Destination: 
Payment 
Region: 
Description: : L$150 

OK i deleted some of the info but above is the statement on my account I purchased an item from a vendor for $150 Linden not only did I never get the item, the ownder of the store has still not contacted me at all! I have sent IMs and Notecards I filled out a ticket with Support but Im guessing no one will help me with this? This makes me want to not even shop on second life ever again I realize its only $150 Linden but to have no response AT ALL from the owner of the store I think is pretty messed up , like WHY DO YOU EVEN OWN A STORE THEN? I also bought the item to attend an event while wearing it which I missed. I just think this is really messed up :( ok any comments, thoughts, am i overreacting?? Thanks guys!

From that information, it would appear that it's not a marketplace purchase.  As such, LL will NOT get involved so the ticket is futile.

Your only recourse is with the merchant.  Having said that, I appreciate that you've tried this already but it has been no more than 3 days.  It is frustrating but always feasible that someone may be on holiday, business work trip out of the country, family emergency, taken ill... whatever, but not able to respond right now.

That's how it is, buying things is always a risk but in future, may I suggest that you pop an IM to a merchant before buying something if you're concerned?  If they don't respond within an appropriate timeframe, then don't bother buying.

You said you bought it from a 'vendor' in a store. If you mean a vendor as in an object that you pay directly and it delivers the items to you, then check it to see if it has a redelivery terminal/option. Some do and can verify your purchase/non-receipt and send it you again, without having to go through the merchant themselves.

Join any group the merchant is in preferably one with the fewest people, once your a member you can see when they last logged in, that will give you an idea of if they have been on since your sent your message.  all so messages and notecards can easily get lost or capped in SL so try sending both again.  Check the merchants profile to see if they have a preference on which type of communication they prefer to get.  Very few merchants (< 5%) in SL do this full time so waiting a few day is not unusual for people with RL jobs and familes to deal with.

I'm out of time, but I recommend look through the forums or asking about how to avoid scams and stolen content in SL , all tho there's no guaranties there are a few thing you can look for the can help spot the bad guys.

Sassy Romano wrote:

........ in future, may I suggest that you pop an IM to a merchant before buying something if you're concerned?  If they don't respond within an appropriate timeframe, then don't bother buying.

I did the same thing last week. I saw item in marketplace but no demo....so went to the store. (I had many problems with mess dress before and this time didnt want to spent L$ before trying). Nobody at store, but a help desk. I clicked on there and got to chat with store person who also consulted with store owner..because the dress was new and no demo available yet. The upshot was the sales assistant came to store and put on the dress to show me. Great service. 

And to OP

I would have gone looking for another outfit and not missed the function. Once when I really liked an outfit....I bought it again instead of going through the trouble you did after only 1/2 outfit arrived. I figured at L$150 (yes same price as yours) it was worth it....and it was. Second time perfect. Sometimes its not the merchants fault but in the electronic delivery. 

LeiaJourney wrote:

05/07/2014 02:40:10

Destination: 

Payment 

Region: 

Description: : 
L$150 

OK i deleted some of the info but above is the statement on my account I purchased an item from a vendor for $150 Linden not only did I never get the item, the ownder of the store has still not contacted me at all! I have sent IMs and Notecards I filled out a ticket with Support but Im guessing no one will help me with this? This makes me want to not even shop on second life ever again I realize its only $150 Linden but to have no response AT ALL from the owner of the store I think is pretty messed up , like WHY DO YOU EVEN OWN A STORE THEN? I also bought the item to attend an event while wearing it which I missed. I just think this is really messed up
:(
ok any comments, thoughts, am i overreacting?? Thanks guys!

If you can't handle waiting more than two days for some hobbyist running an imaginary store to address a computer glitch that might have cost you about sixty cents, you probably don't have the temperament for Second Life.

To be fair to the OP, three days is a long time to wait for the delivery of an item, and a long time to wait for a response from the seller. Yes, the seller may not have logged in in that time but it's still a long and frustrating length of time to wait and receive only silence. It doesn't reflect in the slightest on the OP's temperament for SL, imo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.