Question about getting ejected for "nudity"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Monica Querrien wrote:

Third, I have noticed how
some people are so jaded
in these parts that they assume the worse and go to town on some people, making their post count increase in the process
so they can get a title/badge for SL forums

And in the above it appears you're being an example of your own claim.

Some folks are just chatty on forums. Some love to talk, debate, discuss, and so on. The internet has been publicly availably since 1996 and people STILL don't realize this?

Further one thing you will find in a forum that gets people from all over the world and from different communities even when from similar places is that folks can see the same thing in very different ways. I still stand by my earlier comments as such. But at the same time, I didn't see the advertising angle at all.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On your #2 point: If the OP had not posted pics, the possible advertising wouldn't have come to the fore. Even then, on its own, it probably wouldn't have come to the fore. It's when you put it together with the other thread she started just a few weeks ago, which was remarkebly similar in nature, that things start to smell a bit like advertising.

On your #3 point: Post count doesn't get you any badge changes. It does at the very start, until you become a 'Member', but after that it doesn't. So that theory of yours doesn't hold any water.

One final point. Nobody has accused the OP of using this thread to promote the dress that she created and sells, or of anything else. All that's been said is what it all looks like (this thread together with the previous one), because only the OP know for certain exactly what her motives in starting the thread were. Everyone else accepts the fact that what it looks like may not be what it actually is.

What I posted about a couple weeks ago was way different than this post. That one was about a girl telling me I could get banned if I kept doing what I was doing and I was scared so therefore I posted and asked cuz I wanted to know. How else was I suppose to know?

I don't have many friends on sl cuz I don't go out much so therefore I Posted on the forums to find out. Also some really HELPFUL people actually helped me out and helped me figure out other ways to advertise other than the way I was doing, I have stopped doing that, because now I know. After the post I got some really helpful answers. That's why I posted it in the first place, FOR PEOPLE TO HELP ME AND GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS. And yes there was some people who kept complaining that, that post was advertise also, which I have no idea where you are getting this. Neither does some people.

This post is about me getting ejected. So..... one post is about a girl telling me ima get banned from SECOND LIFE because I was "spamming" which I didn't even know it was spamming, still don't think it is, but everyone has their opinions. And one is about me getting ejected from a land, because a staff member decided to look up my dress. I think those 2 are very different things.

Also you all said this post was "advertise" because I sent a link to my store, I already deleted that post because I don't want people to think that this post was advertisment, If it was truly for advertisment I would have kept it on so more people can see, but instead I deleted it.

If I happened to make a post asking about more ways to advertise I'm about 100% sure some people are gonna go on that thread and complain again and say "hmmmmm she wants to find more ways to advertise.... THIS THREAD MUST BE AN ADVERTISMENT!" You people just find every way to make everything about that. And I'm tired of it, DONE. Think as you wish. I don't know how you people could really link this thread... with another thread... that's on 2 different subjects.... also in this thread I didn't even mentioned I had a store, and when I did, I deleted the post. Am I suppose to wait like 3 months to post? so that people can forget about that thread and not try to link it with this one? 

You seem to be missing the point. Both of the threads were about the clothing that you make and sell. They were the same in that respect. Both of the threads asked "is this allowed?". They were the same in that respect too. The point you seem to be missing is that 100% of your threads concerned the clothing that you make and sell, and that's why the possibility that you might have a promotion agenda in this thread came up, especially after you posted the pic of the dress without anyone even suggesting it. I'm not saying that the thread is anything other than what you say it is. It's just that, when you put it all together, it does tend to small like promotion. You must be able to see that.

Incidentally, in spite of the flak that you got for posting the pic, it's still there - post #4 - you were very quick to post it. Don't you see that leaving it there only adds to the smell? I.e. it's a beautiful dress that you want people to see and ask where to buy it, and, in spite of the flack you got for posting the pics, you left it there for all to see.

Nobody has accused you of anything. It's no good consoling yourself with tales about how people here like drama and such. If you were on the outside, and you saw all the circumstantial evidence, you would also arrive at the possibility, maybe even the probability, that both threads were started for the purpose of promotion, because, when it's all added up, they do give that impression.

ETA: You are very wrong about the responses you'd get if you started a thread to ask about places tio advertise. Very wrong indeed. If you started such a thread, you'd get positive suggestions and information. If you started it now, you may well get a few posts saying something like, "See? I knew she was advertising all along", and one from me saying something like, "But you said you don't any more advertising" :) Even then, it would mostly be positive suggestions. People here do like to help people.

Never in this thread have I said that I made and sold that dress I just said that was what I was wearing at the time. Your "evidence" isn't good evidence because not one time have I said that, the dress that I posted was in fact MINE and I never said it came from my store. Also I posted it, i'm going to say this ONE more time after a MILLION times, so that people can see what I was wearing at the time! Becuase sooner or later SOMEONE will ask me for it, because people will be curious to see what I was wearing at the time to see if it could have been the reason I got ejected. So to save people time from asking me to show them the dress I just went ahead and did it because I know people will ask. Humans are curious creatures. They WILL ask to see a picture or screenshot of what I was wearing.

No.... I think you're the one whose not getting it. You're saying that I shouldn't have posted the picture in the beginning because it makes it look like advertisment, and you also said that this post is similar to the other post becuase i'm talking about my store? which in fact I did not mention that at all in this thread. So what you're saying is I should delete my picture too? When I never even linked that picture to my store at all or mentioned that it was mine?

People here do like to help people and then there are some like you who like to assume that I'm a big fat liar and think I'm posting this stuff for advertisment. Which I'm not, also I never said I was going to post that, it was just an example. 

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Monica Querrien wrote:

some people are so jaded
in these parts that they assume the worse and go to town on some people, making their post count increase in the process

Some folks are just chatty on forums. Some love to talk, debate, discuss, and so on. The internet has been publicly availably since 1996 and people STILL don't realize this?

This ^^  My eyes tend to automatically start rolling whenever someone brings up post count or forum rank in a discussion in order to use them to try to discredit those of us who have been posting here for years and years.  I'm more inclined to believe that spending all that time here would be more of an indication of the desire to interact with the people here and maybe help someone from time to time (if not all the time), than it is of some sort of nefarious plan to gain recognition... especially considering the insignificance of whatever little recognition a high post count or rank actually provides a person.  It's frankly no surprise that there are some long-time, forum participants who've become a bit jaded after having to deal with ignorant, nonsensical accusations such as this on a regular, albeit infrequent, basis.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Monica Querrien wrote:

some people are so jaded

This ^^  My eyes tend to automatically start rolling whenever someone brings up post count or forum rank in a discussion in order to use them to try to discredit those of us who have been posting here for years and years.  I'm more inclined to believe that spending all that time here would be more of an indication of the desire to interact with the people here and maybe help someone from time to time (if not all the time), than it is of
some sort of nefarious plan to gain recognition
... especially considering the insignificance of whatever little recognition a high post count or rank actually provides a person.  It's frankly no surprise that there are some long-time, forum participants who've become a bit jaded after having to deal with ignorant, nonsensical accusations such as this on a regular, albeit infrequent, basis.

...Dres

What are you talking about Dres? Of course it's a nefarious plan to gain recognition. It's a game I won't play, of course, but I'm not the only one in here.

Snugs McMasters wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Monica Querrien wrote:

some people are so jaded

This ^^  My eyes tend to automatically start rolling whenever someone brings up post count or forum rank in a discussion in order to use them to try to discredit those of us who have been posting here for years and years.  I'm more inclined to believe that spending all that time here would be more of an indication of the desire to interact with the people here and maybe help someone from time to time (if not all the time), than it is of
some sort of nefarious plan to gain recognition
... especially considering the insignificance of whatever little recognition a high post count or rank actually provides a person.  It's frankly no surprise that there are some long-time, forum participants who've become a bit jaded after having to deal with ignorant, nonsensical accusations such as this on a regular, albeit infrequent, basis.

...Dres

What are you talking about Dres? Of course it's a nefarious plan to gain recognition. It's a game I won't play, of course, but I'm not the only one in here.

Jealous, Member Snugs?

I thought the same thing. Who besides maybe a teenager would it even dawn on to think of post count as a motive for posting?  As I write this, I have not the faintest idea what my post count is. But as someone else mentioned, I am a long time inveterate poster not only in this forum but for many different forums going back many years.

Btw she didnt even have to look under your dress, as you said, for some mesh rezzes slow so she could have seen it because your dress hadn't rezzed yet. I know the place well and they are really trying to clean up their act so they are stricter than other places and eject faster.

wesleytron wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I've never even seen normal underwear in SL.

Undergarments meant to be worn in exclusion of anything else, lingerie... yeah that's everywhere.

But an everday paid of knickers - who even sells those?

There are plenty if you actually look.

Like these for instance:

I have some  :)

CheriColette wrote:

wesleytron wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I've never even seen normal underwear in SL.

Undergarments meant to be worn in exclusion of anything else, lingerie... yeah that's everywhere.

But an everday paid of knickers - who even sells those?

There are plenty if you actually look.

Like these for instance:

I have some  
:)

Well ok I guess the product does exist.

I would have never thought to even look for undergarments that can't be seen for a 3D cartoon. Buying them in order to have them be seen - that's a desire I could imagine, and the lingerie market in SL is my go-to thought on that score.

I suppose items like this could serve the same purpose.

Then again it also doesn't tend to occur to me that somebody might upskirt my avatar. Or that I'd care if they did... And I guess that is one place where I think I agreed with the OP. She was surprised to get punished by the very pervert upskirting her, from I gather - which is something I would also be surprised at (not withstanding the other topics on which we disagree). If anything, I'd expect the venue to ban the perv, not the victim.

That's exactly why i posted this. Because I felt violated and I thought that it was a dumb rule and that the owner is weird for letting their staff members look up other peoples skirts/dresses, and I wanted to know if they were right or wrong for ejecting me and if what they did was allowed... guess it was but I didn't know at the time. I didn't know that land owners can make up their own rules I thought everyone had to abide by a certain list that SL hands out. Also I did not know that they had normal panties for avi's I thought there was only like bikini stuff and lingerie..... I don't really go around looking for panties on second life either.... because I never thought things like this would ever happen lol this is the first time it has ever happened to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.