Graphics card upgrade

LP Winterwolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to upgrade my graphics card to improve my SL experience. I am considering * INVIDIA Geforce 9400 GT * For one reason my tower is a slim line and this is designed as a slim model to fit such towers.Will this card run SL with better graphics,less lag,and less packet loss.And is it compatible with SL operating system? I'm also considering * Geforce 8800 * but i'm not sure if this will fit my tower housing and inner space available.Any info on the tech aspect of these issues will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, LP

4 answers to this question

Lp I've ran both those cards with SL and they both performed well. YOu might consider moving up to one of Nvidia's newer models though, like the 210 series, price is about the same and you can find half height cards almost anywhere. The card I'm running currently... Asus GeForce 210 Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA, Low Profile .... Can be found here for less than $70.00 US. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5363094&CatId=3670

Hey Faubio,thanks for the url,i always appreciate a good heads-up.unforunately i bought my current computer about 6 months ago,which was about 2 months before i discovered SL or i would have gotten a more compatible unit.and now that the SL bug has bitten me hard i sure am longing for a more graphics intensive experience with a better,more consitant frame rate and less lag/packet loss.my computer is a gateway SX2800-01 running an intel eaglelake card and a power supply in the mid 200's.Sl runs ok but it sure could be better lol.thanks again for the url and the model recommendation. LP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.