Looking for properly rigged default avatar meshes

Psistorm Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is something that's been keeping me busy with yet another roadblock for my av. I want to use the default avatar mesh - just clipped a bit - so I can make use of materials. The problem I ran into is while the joint deforms look pretty good on the rig that LL gave us for fitted mesh, their fitted mesh weights are HORRIBLE. I have tried to fix them, but have been tearing my hair out at the stupidity that is 3dsmax's skin modifier, which apprently can do nothing right except break weightings.

So I wonder, has anyone in the past bothered to fix LL's badly done default rig for fitted mesh? Mostly the CLAVICLE, CHEST, UPPER_BACK bones are vastly out of place as far as their weights go, and it's really messing things up for me.

Hmm.. well I was more looking for fbx files etc that have a more correct weighting. At least I managed to overcome some issues I had with the mesh. Turns out a reset transform was needed, now things are looking better. I still need to clean up some weights, but the whole thing is coming together more than before.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.